Anything that does not fit into other topics.
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

identification?

Post by sh0rtlife »

ok well i recived a 87 milano as a gift from a friend who had gave it to a freind ages ago but came to the point where he could no longer mantain or keep it sooo now its mine for well...free other than paying to tow her home...

theres some debate about the car and its parts.....87k miles on it and the cam seals are SHOT the abs light flashes and the power steering is not operations but she runs and purs like a clean alfa.... the car is wearing speedlines even the spare is a speedline(they are going on the gtv6) and thers some debate about the transaxle being a platinum LSD unit...is there any way to ID out the car and its options like you would an old american car IE fender tag..and is there any way to ID the transaxle?....seemed to shift realy realy smooth..i wish the interior was in better shape i love all of the leather and suede leather

its a gunmetal grey metalic color with grey/purplish grey interior
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Wow nice way to pick up an Alfa! :D

Ok cam seals can be done no problem, just had mine done afew weeks ago, ABS light, mmm dunno. Apart from your pwr steering drama you have scored a nice ride.

Not sure about ID register, try trace back the previous owners for they may be able to shed some light on your query regarding the platnuim LSD, sure i spelt that wrong lol :roll:

Again congrats on your Alfa :)

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

problem is ive got almost no records on it and the last 3 owners have no clue....was hopeing there was a build sheet or fender tag or #'s in the axle case that might shed a lil light :?
scott.venables
Gold
Gold

Post by scott.venables »

There is another way to find out but your clutch, tyres and guibos might object :wink:
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

the friend who gave it to me did that just befor loading it ...but even the GTV6 will leave double marks in just the right situations and i know for FACT its not lsd lol :lol:
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

In my experience any factory build sheets would be useless because all parts should be considered changed/replaced anyway on such an old car. :wink:
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
scott.venables
Gold
Gold

Post by scott.venables »

Well, you could set it up so that one wheel was in the dirt and the other on the bitumen. If it spins the wheel in the dirt then it's not LSD, if both then it is. Probably wouldn't do it in my car though.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Even an LSD unit will spin in the gravel in a split-my situation like that, the LSD unit will only transfer 25% of the available traction of the low-traction wheel. So the difference will be that the LSD equipped car will accelerate faster.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
scott.venables
Gold
Gold

Post by scott.venables »

Forgot about that. Would only work with a locked diff