Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Jim and his ring-Barry

Post by Barry »

:wink: Jim K,You sms me at a certain time next week and Ill check you guys out on the Ring`s webcam.Ok??
This way we see if you realy are the ringmeister or whether you guys went to a local carting track called the Ring! :D
Attachments
webcam.jpg
webcam.jpg (45.12 KiB) Viewed 8815 times
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Post by Maurizio »

:D Barry,

The webcam makes every min a picture.
I've attached a file which is a script to refresh the browser screen every 60 s.

Save the attached Autorefesh_Nurburgring_webcam.txt onto the computer, change it into Autorefesh_Nurburgring_webcam.htm open with your browser ......

This link makes it able to scroll a few pictures back (10 min apart) http://julesperry.com/nurburgring/

Have a nice day watching the activities :twisted:
Attachments
Autorefesh_Nurburgring_webcam.txt
alter the extension txt in htm
(124 Bytes) Downloaded 340 times
Banned.. ? ;-) Daily donky.. ==> BMW 325d Image
E36M3 (3.0) Ringtool :twisted: ==> definitely BANNED!

AR 75 TS Ringtool '90, AR Spider 2000 veloce '79
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Maurizio,grazie!! :D
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Hey Jim,See what the weather is like??
And you want me to fly 12000km to go freeze and puddle hop in the rain?? :wink: :D :D
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Hey Jim,See what the weather is like??
And you want me to fly 12000km to go freeze and puddle hop in the rain?? :wink: :D :D
Attachments
10.jpg
10.jpg (42.31 KiB) Viewed 8748 times
rz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

barry,it would have been nice to have you here as my guest!
and while making the journey you could have taken my engine and stuff along!freezing or not :wink:
Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Post by Maurizio »

Met the sweeds (Mats) and the greeksters yesterday, it was alot of fun. It is always amazing how people who live so far apart can share the same passion and can BS about it the whole day 8)
Loved to stay and drive today......
The looks ok now. The ring and rain is no fun, very tricky....

We need to repeat this and Barry you got to be there too!
The ring roller coaster is one of the things in life you need to do :idea:
Banned.. ? ;-) Daily donky.. ==> BMW 325d Image
E36M3 (3.0) Ringtool :twisted: ==> definitely BANNED!

AR 75 TS Ringtool '90, AR Spider 2000 veloce '79
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

WE IZ BACK!! NO RAIN ON SUNDAY, the weather forecast was official BS!! We all put in about 10 laps each in the TS and 3liter cars. One of our guys had a slight disagreement with the guardrail and paid 1000€ plus about 650€ for the damage to the car. That was the only sad moment of the trip.
Mats, being a true gentleman, treated me to the proverbial schnitzel...
We got to watch a great VLN race on Saturday...about 225 cars, from Yaris to Vipers and every type of imaginable Porsche and M3. Oh yeah, there was one Alfa 147 also..!
Not much else to report, no use for it; you must take the trip to see what its all about.
Jim K.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Sounds like you guys had great fun. Should have been there but we had an overun on a construction project of two months. I have no excuses now. Will call Ron and see when the next group is going through.
Post pics or is that censored
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Too bad, I only have extra cash now..... I wonder when the next trip will be...
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

I might call your bluff Zamani. :)

I'm looking into going down again ASAP, I have a few weeks of vacation late July...
And might save a few more for The Greek Connection later in the year.

Finally my life has a purpose... :twisted:

The trip was amazing, only a few showers during the race on Saturday and on Sunday only a couple of drops on the windscreen before lunch.
Absolutely NO traffic :shock: :D Last lap in the 75 was poetry, didn't see another car on track and managed to vdrive the line the whole lap (as far as I know :lol: ), remembered the whole track which was my goal with the trip. Fantastic.

Ron is a good instructor and obviously knows the ring extremely well, no problems with the arrangements and we all got our share of laps without problems. Switching cars wasn't a problem either, all in all I'm a very happy customer.
Thanks Ron!
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

I think everyone had a great time, main thing is all the new guys loved it. I'm already thinking of possibly going back in late Sept./early Oct. if I can manage a surplus 900€ by then...that's exactly how much it went to. Subtract our air-fare of 220€ and you have a net Ring cost of about 700€ plus air-fare for anyone who plans to fly in to Dusseldorf and take it from there.
Jim K.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Zamani wrote:Too bad, I only have extra cash now..... I wonder when the next trip will be...
Yea,me too....hehehehe....... 8)
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Watch what you're saying Barry, April fool's day is long past! :oops:
Jim K.
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

JimGreek wrote:I think everyone had a great time, main thing is all the new guys loved it. I'm already thinking of possibly going back in late Sept./early Oct. if I can manage a surplus 900€ by then...that's exactly how much it went to. Subtract our air-fare of 220€ and you have a net Ring cost of about 700€ plus air-fare for anyone who plans to fly in to Dusseldorf and take it from there.
Jim K.
september/october is pretty much a perfect date for me, I was planning on taking my 10 day vacation then!! :D