Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

mjr that's exactly what my brother and I said. :D Anyway's here to a great French GP on Sunday and Forza Ferrari...

Oh yes Portugal 2 Germany 0 tonight.... :twisted:

Fear not I still love driving my GTV6 now it's been fitted with Michelin Piolit Sport 2's at my cousin's insistance.So far I am happy with them,just haven't had much opportunity to go and have a really good hard drive with my baby. :lol:
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

least u get to drive yours!! mines still on axle damned stands in the garage. its sooo close to getting back on the road, been without it almost 16 months now :cry: . mind you have been running it on the stands to exercise it. though only discovered last week that my brother had used the handbrake!! nooooooooooo, and I didnt realise it hadn't released properly on the passanger rear, so its been dragging, and cos of the open diff, have only been exercising one wheel, when running it through the gears.. DoH!! quick trip under the back end to yank the brake quadrant, and alls good. gonna throw the handbrake in the bin I think :lol:

My money is on Kimi winning this weekend...
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Okay so my score line prediciton was just a little off against Germany... :cry:

I understand your pain mjr.It is not nice to be without ones GTV6 for any amount of time.

Have to agree with you on Kimi winning on Sunday. :D I am trying to recall the last genuine three way manufacturer fight in F1....1983 when Brabham-BMW,Ferrari and Renault took it down to the wire at Kyalamy and I was there as a kid to watch Nelson Piquet take the title. 8)
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

awwwwwwwwww
argggghhhhhhhhhhhh

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

...love it...
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Man the site has been dead of late.No one have a exciting drive story,track day or to really irritate the politicaly eco correct brigade,a TLGP to report back on ? :shock: :D

Let's not talk Formula 1 after Sunday's Hungarian grand prix... :evil: I don't know about the rest of you but I tend to get a bit emotional about the sport. :lol:

Oh yes,I am still loving my car.I met up with Kevin on Sunday afternoon just before the Grand Prix.So after we chatted a bit we were both in a hurry to get back to our homes and the TV to watch the race,neither of us expecting Felipe to drive like he did. :D

My drive home had me smiling like crazy and deeply greatfull for owning a car like the GTV6.That sound,the acceleration,handling....man I could go on like a love sick puppy. :lol:

So come on guys who has had some fun of late ? We need to liven up the site again.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I am sort of between exciting things to report. I do have three soon to be four big projects right now. They are:

Supercharged Nord in a Milano. This one is nearly done, the engine and intercooler piping are in!

Supercharged 3.0 Milano. I am trying for 300rwhp which is a tall order. That's up near the maximum design limits of my supercharger kit.

Twin Turbocharged intercooled 3.0 Milano. Would like to see this one have 300rwhp.

Greg Gordon,
www.hiperformancestore.com
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Been chatting to Fernando about tires lately...The Michellins F put on his car are for the super rich !!...I only managed some Kuhmo`s in a 235/40/17 on my car..(I had to..lost it big time going through a mild bend in Jhb. !!)
Had these fitted to my car and WOW !!!!!!A new car !!
I Loooovvvveeeee driving my Alfa again !

Now I have to confess that the old tires I was using were ex racing stock from 4 years ago !!!!!!Hard as nails and super slick !
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Greg,300 rwhp in a Milano should be a lot of fun. :D

Er Barry,super rich ? Me...I wish :lol: Pays to have a cousin in the tyre industry. :wink: Mind you from when I put mine on to when Barry went to buy his,the tyre industry had a price increase,but even that doesn't fully explain the crazy price's Barry was qouted.I am starting to save for the replacements now already... :lol:

Does anyone still do Breakfast Runs ?
lucass81
Gold
Gold

Re: Does Anyone still Love driving their GTV6 ?

Post by lucass81 »

Last Saturday night I was cruising in the GTV6 with my girlfrind when a black 360 Modena and a black S4 V8 apeared in front of me. It was 11:30pm and we were in a wide avenue. So the Audi leaded, then the F360 and me followed. We managed to get reed of the traffic and found our selves at front row in a stop light. After that stoplight the avenue becomes a wide road without stoplights for about 2 km. So at yellow we were off, pedal to the metal. The S4 gave a good fight to the 360 while I watched from behind how they were getting away. But at about 500 meters from the stoplight there was a tight left turn and then a right turn. So I decided that there was the place to gain on them, not. Anyway it was really fun and I beat a 2.0 16v Megane that tried to follow us thrugh the bends. My girlfriend wont be riding in the GTV6 for a while. She thought we were going to crash. Women dont understand about 50-50 weight distribution jajaajajajja
84 GTV6
96 M3
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Nice one Lucas,makes my heart rejoice to see Alfa drivers still use their cars the way they were intended.You may have gathered I am not strong on the wash and display only brigade :lol: .

Unfortunatly I have had no chance to indulge in driving just for pleasure of late.It's work and shopping etc :cry: .

To cheer myself up I bought the latest copy of EVO featuring the Alfa 8C and Prodrive tuned Brera.Also to be recommended is the latest copy of Octane magazine that has a nice article on the GTV6 3litre,Ford Sierra XR-8 and BMW 333i all cars unique to South Africa back in the 80's.

Oh yes,my brother,the more gifted one mechanicaly than I, :oops: modified my driving headlights and replaced my front grill.Mamamia,what a difference it made.I broke out into song..'I can see again'... :lol: Thanks boet.

Till next time keep those driving stories coming guys.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

lucass81 wrote:...She thought we were going to crash. Women dont understand about 50-50 weight distribution jajaajajajja
HAHAHA! :lol:

Totally funny.

But not gainin on an Audi on the twisties? Did you lose a wheel or something? 8)
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
lucass81
Gold
Gold

Post by lucass81 »

Mats have in mind I have stock suspension and it has the original springs, front and rear, and original shocks at the back, the front ones were replaced about 70.000km ago. It is very loose at the back on high speed turns, very dangerous and fun :D My GTV6 is in really bad shape mechanicaly speaking. The body and interior is like new cause thats not expensive to mantain here since we dont have snow or salt. Plus the car has always been kept in a garage. But to fix my suspension, brakes and motor I have to spend about u$s 7.000 in it. Since I dont have a home of my own yet and my father doesnt want to spend his retirement money on it............... well I have to drive like it is. I´m saving for a home, once I do that I´ll start bringing back to life the GTV6. In the mean time I´m trying to convince my father to buy 4 new shocks and springs and changing the pistons rings, head gaskets, etc. to bring back the compresion it once had. But the economic situation here is getting worst and worst with time.
84 GTV6
96 M3
Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Post by Maurizio »

Last week I had a testdrive in totally stock (spica shocks / castor rubbers / suv setup) 75TS.
Suspension components in good shape, but stock and this car scared the shit out off me when I drove it in more suitable fashion.
If know how a 75 can handle and I'm used to it..... you won't settle for less. :twisted:
Banned.. ? ;-) Daily donky.. ==> BMW 325d Image
E36M3 (3.0) Ringtool :twisted: ==> definitely BANNED!

AR 75 TS Ringtool '90, AR Spider 2000 veloce '79
lucass81
Gold
Gold

Post by lucass81 »

This is a non-Alfa experience but that really impresed me.
Last night I was driving my father´s 04 Corolla XEi in the highway at about 3:30 a.m. when a Mini S passed me. I was doing about 150km/h and as it passed me by I floored it in 5th gear, without downshifting. When I reached 200km/h the Mini stoped getting away. It was about 100m ahead of me, but as I reached 210km/h the gap started to decrease. Then as I was passing 210km/h a minimal drop in the highway helped me to reach 220km/h incredibly quickly and I hited the rev limiter in 5th at 6500rpm. I was very impresed by this stock 138hp Corolla. I wonder how fast could it be with a chip, free flow exaust and high perf. filter. This also gave me an idea of the potential of this VVti 1.8 motors and the diference with old non-variable valved motors. As cam profile changes the only limit this motors have is the rev-limiter. Is not like other cars I´ve tested at top speed that you can feel that they cant go any faster, as my GTV6, my VW Gol 1.6 or my fathers previous car, a 96 Peugeot 405 SRi. It wont be long for our stock 160hp GTV6 to be totally outperformed by any economy class car. My GTV6 top speed is also 220km/h at 6500rpm in 5th although Idont need a drop to get to it.
84 GTV6
96 M3
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

It wont be long for our stock 160hp GTV6 to be totally outperformed by any economy class car
Well, that's pretty true as it is also true for many makes and models of cars made in the same era.

The point here not to be overlooked is the comparison of performance of the Alfa against similar engine size at the time of production. It is only then you begin to realise just what a great car it is/was in comparison with its competitors of the day.

As to keeping up with the Joneses, well half the activity on this Forum is about just that. How to get them perculating so as not to get crapped on by a Hyundai and any variation on the theme... :roll:
Last edited by MD on Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse