Anything that does not fit into other topics.
rz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

looks realy great :lol:

only a polished edge would make it, in my opinion, nicer
Rookie ROX
Gold
Gold

Post by Rookie ROX »

Speaking of Alfa fires;

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Alfasud-ti-1982- ... dZViewItem

What a terrible shame. All that effort, all to be lost in such a short amount of time. I doubt a fire extinguisher would have been any help, but reason #426 for having one in your car I guess.

ROCK ON
R~R
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

With an extinguisher you would have had a chance to stop the fire WAY before it was as big as that. Don't underestimate a powder/chem extinguisher...
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

You are right Mats, the dry chemical extinguishers are very good. The problem is they don't last very long so you need to be ready to make an escape if it doesn't do the job.

The chemical powder itself will continue to do its thing after its been dispensed, but then the fire has likely moved also.

scott
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

Barry - nice carbi! Glad the fire was stopped. We've had our share of bad ones here too!

Is that the little green 2.0 turbo that I see in the background there...? What are you doing to it?

Hey, I sent you an email about a friend's 3.7 156 for sale in Pretoria - shoot me a reply please (so that I know you if you are getting my emails and so that I can update your address!)
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

John,hi..Got the mail thanks..

Yea,the little 20l....... 8)
Attachments
DSC00498.JPG
DSC00498.JPG (151.33 KiB) Viewed 6221 times
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

Is that the same green GTV that had the turbo-4 in it...? I recognized the wheels...
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Attachments
DSC00831.JPG
DSC00831.JPG (152.6 KiB) Viewed 6215 times
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Nice!! I like that black Giulie too..hehe
:D
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Lovely job on donk but what I wanna know is, how come your driveway never has any leaves on it? :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
GTV27
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GTV27 »

love the black wheels on the GTV6 3.0 - the widened std rims would look good too

note that the standard wheels are BWA or Campagnolo - Campanatura is italian for offset.

and must check exting in garage - is an old one from race car - we have to replace every 5 years, but how long do they 'really' last?
Jason
1983 GTV6 2.8 litre
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

:oops: :oops: Campanatura- your kidding me ,right ?! Lolzzz....and here I ,for all these years,thought it was the make or manufacturer !!!!

Gees,thanks bud... :oops: :oops: :oops:

"and must check exting in garage - is an old one from race car - we have to replace every 5 years, but how long do they 'really' last?"

Im not with you here ??

Mike,"sweep-o-matic" hehe..costs R100.00 a day..good bloke. 8)
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

F,This ones for you .. 8)

ok,not quite the pic I intended..that one is 4 Meg in size..will take another..

Plastic over the window-this car has solenoids to open doors etc..pain in the jack ! so I leave the window open and cover with plastic.
Attachments
DSC00836.JPG
DSC00836.JPG (139.14 KiB) Viewed 6179 times
GTV27
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GTV27 »

GTV27 wrote: and must check exting in garage - is an old one from race car - we have to replace every 5 years, but how long do they 'really' last?
hmm, bad typing - what I meant to say is that I should check the extinguisher in the garage...it used to be in my race car until the scruitineer said its too old (>5yrs)and I bought a new one. So if I have a fire...will it work?
Jason
1983 GTV6 2.8 litre
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Barry wrote:F,This ones for you .. 8)

ok,not quite the pic I intended..that one is 4 Meg in size..will take another..

Plastic over the window-this car has solenoids to open doors etc..pain in the jack ! so I leave the window open and cover with plastic.
Nice, I like some details like the front and rear bumpers, definetely not liking the rear aileron.
Somehow I think Giulies look best without any aileron at all.

Is it me or I spot a big brake conversion in front? :D