Anything that does not fit into other topics.
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

spark and fuel but no fire?!?!?

Post by sh0rtlife »

ok guys im having a Pain in the ass of a time

engine ran "before" the milano was cut up..in fact i tuned it....but somewhere along the line while modding the body and what not it jumped time..thankfully it hadnt been cranked over by anything but hand...so there is NO damage...timming belt was missing 2 teeth soo thats probably the reason

anyway..ive swapped in a new belt and ponder if the spark timming is "off" ..as i know the cam timming is SPOT ON..had the coveres off and verifyed it

heres the kicker..im only useing the engine wireing harness......i have

"Milano Connector G133 injection harness side"
#1 red to 12v
#2 pink "on" switch operated to 12v
#5 pink-white power to fuel pump
#8 purple "start" switch
and
12v to the coil(#15)
starter solinoid wire to start switch

now for some reason fuel pump wont kick on even with testing it by pushing the AFM flapper in...so i bypassed it and ran straight 12v power to the fuel pump..its pumping

ive tested spark and have good solid spark on all 6..ive gotten it to "almost" fire a few times..and it ran for 1 second on its own..spark plugs dont smell of fuel and are DRY...im starting to think lack of fuel pressure..what "should it be? at pump? at regulator? at return regulator?(i can hear rushing fuel at the return reg)

any input guys?

on a side note...whats the sensor on the back of the driver side head? its leaking out the wire terminal
Theunis
Silver
Silver

Post by Theunis »

Hi,

I had a similar problem with my '82 GTV6 when I rebuild the engine. It had fuel and spark, but wouldn't start. The problem was that the FI ecu didn't get a signal to fire the injectors. It get this signal from the coil. This signal also goes to the rev counter. I connected it to the wrong terminal on the connector block on the firewall. When you turn the ignition switch to turn the starter, it also energises the enrichment injector on the plenum, so the engine will "almost" start. When you release the key, it doesn't get fuel any more.

I don't know if the Milano have a similar FI/ignition system to the GTV6, but I hope you solve the problem.

T.
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

milano wireing is diferent ever so slightly....but thats sounds like teh same symptom....