Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Belgian Grand Prix.

Post by Fernando »

Easily one of the moste tense final few laps of a Grand Prix I have watched in awhile.I was on the edge of my seat willing Kimi on to victory and then my heart sank when Lewis pulled off that move into La Source.I don't know about you guy's but I thought the penalty handed out to Lewis was a bit harsh.It was good old racing between two hard chargers.

He backed off to let Kimi by again so what is the big deal.

Then when Kimi got by again after the Williams came back on to the track forcing Lewis off had me jumping out and yelling with happiness only to almost start crying when Kimi lost in on the exit of the next corner. :cry: Man my heart couldn't take much more... :lol:

Anyway's roll on Monza and let's hope motor racing wins this time around.Forza Ferrari. :D
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
GTV27
Platinum
Platinum

Re: Belgian Grand Prix.

Post by GTV27 »

While I'll declare a conflict up front in being a Kimi fan, I thought the bus-stop pass was well below par (as bad as Kovalinen and Webber) and then the release and re-pass on the straight was also borderline and in my view, designed to allow an outbrake at the hairpin. Typical Hamilton, he had the car speed to easily pass Kimi later in the lap, but did it in a way that was dubious.

Re Kimi's spin, it looked like the left rear tyre was flat, so he could have picked up a puncture in that run across the outside of the track earlier in the lap.

It was exciting though...
Jason
1983 GTV6 2.8 litre
GTV27
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GTV27 »

copied from autosport:

Trulli: Hamilton gained an advantage
By Jonathan Noble and Michele Lostia Tuesday, September 9th 2008, 11:58 GMT

Jarno Trulli says he has no doubts that Lewis Hamilton did gain an advantage by cutting the chicane at the Belgian Grand Prix.

As the controversy rages over whether the race stewards were right to hand down a 25-second penalty for Hamilton's driving, Trulli thinks that the McLaren driver did benefit from missing out the final corner.

"In my opinion Hamilton got an advantage by cutting the chicane," Trulli told Gazzetta dello Sport. "Had he stayed on the road, he wouldn't have had the speed to overtake the Ferrari.

"In the same way at Monza someone could cut the first chicane, catch a rival's draft, and overtake him under braking at Roggia.

"When you attack on the outside, you do it at your own risk, because who's on the inside has the right to do the corner. If there isn't enough room, then you lift.

"Had there been a wall there, instead of the surfaced escape route, would Lewis have attacked anyway? Had there been gravel, he wouldn't have had the chance to attack when rejoining the track because of dirty tyres."

McLaren are due to decide today whether or not to press ahead with their plans to appeal Hamilton's penalty, which dropped him from first to third in the race results.
Jason
1983 GTV6 2.8 litre
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Interesting perspective from Jarno there Jason.On thinking about it a little more,he is probarly right.A gravel trap there at the Bus Stop would have ended Lewis's race there and then.

Okay so I don't feel so bad now about Felipe being gifted the win. :D
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

IMO Jarno is right, Lewis wouldn't have had the speed to pass Kimi by the end of the short straight, had he not cut the corner. Just highlights LH inexperience again, he should have waited, he would have easily got Kimi anyway, . The smart man in the race for me was Massa, he really has grown up this season.Kimi needs to take a good look.

Kimi still acts like a pratt at times, after all his years of experience he still throws races away with school boy errors. The man doesn't use his head. He binned it going for the outright fight to win, against a car he had no chance of keepin behind in the wet even with 2 laps left. I like the guy, but he still drives the same as he did at Mclaren. ie all balls no brain. I say put fernando in the red car, and no one will touch him, even Lewis
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

I meant Alsonso!!, not you Fernando :D ! another fews month driving your monster though and I rekon you may be ready :lol:
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Thanks for that great vote of confidance MJR. :lol: Fear not guys,Stefano has not called as yet. :mrgreen:

Last night I watched some great incar footage from both Lewis and Kimi's perspective leading up to the Bus Stop incident and the part I seemed to miss when they both ran wide at Pouhon.Kimi got a good run at Lewis from this little off road excursion but that's when they came across Nico in the Williams and Lewis swerved left and Kimi had to go between them. :shock: Had Kimi not crashed he might very well have also recieved a penalty for that move it seems.

Anyway the long and short of it is,that Hammy and Mclaren got a deserved penalty it seems and it wasn't a frikken Ferrari conspiracy theory with the FIA as some idiots are claiming on other sites. :evil:

Sorry I get a tad passionate about F1 racing. :wall: