Anything that does not fit into other topics.
nisaar
Gold
Gold

A very Sad Sad DAY

Post by nisaar »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I was stopped at a robot last week, a lady was driving way too fast in the rain and smacked my GTV full in the back. She naturally did not have insurance .so thats that Now i got to fix it or sell it.
Attachments
When The GTV was sob....sob
When The GTV was sob....sob
DynamicImage.jpg (24.35 KiB) Viewed 5584 times
06122008(001).jpg
06122008(001).jpg (239.99 KiB) Viewed 5584 times
06122008.jpg
06122008.jpg (16.97 KiB) Viewed 5584 times
My dad came to see what happened
My dad came to see what happened
05122008.jpg (15.28 KiB) Viewed 5583 times
Lifes a journey? F*** the ride get there first ALFA ROMEO oo=v=oo
MD
Verde
Verde

Re: A very Sad Sad DAY

Post by MD »

No insurance so that's that? !!!! ?? What kind of an outcome is that? I don't get it. Normally if you are not insured then you don't have a third party to pay your bills. That doesn't mean you are not responsible and you don't have to pay. Not at all. There is no question that you gotta pay. If you dont pay willingly, your arse is dragged to the court. If you still don't pay, you get your wages garnished. If you still don't pay, it's 'cause you're in jail man.
.....me thinks you give up too easily. :?
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
JACQUES L
Silver
Silver

Post by JACQUES L »

Nisaar, really sorry to see your car damaged. But, don't dispair, the damage is not looking too bad. Can be fixed succesfully. You should see the damage on my Giulietta that was fixed by a good old school Portuguese panelbeater.

MD, yeah, I agree with you 200%. But this is South Africa. We do not have a functional legal system in this country. You can sue, go to court, 20 times maybe before your case will even be heard. Judges/Magistrates only pitch up for work when they want to. And then the person cannot pay up and cannot be sent to jail for defaulting on the payment, because that part of the law (art 65) has been scrapped. Very sad, but it is waste of time.

Having insurance is not even a legal requirement to take a car out on the road here.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

In that case, what choice have you got? Forget Alfas and get one of these f*ckers and don't forget to "bump" park it in the shopping centre.
Attachments
No Insurance Afrikani Transport.jpg
No Insurance Afrikani Transport.jpg (119.19 KiB) Viewed 5557 times
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

And just exactly what "bump" would that be??????

I saw a pic of one of those trucks that had run over a full size ford shop truck....the driver had to be told to stop as he had run over something!!!

zig
MR1 Zig (I made rate!)
Machinery Repairman USNR
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Sad to see that, but as they say, it's very fixable, here it's the same thing, they've passed a law that will come into action next year in january, but until now, no one was obliged to have insurance, not even third party....and way too many scooters and old ford trucks with bad brakes...
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

It is a sorry thing to see.

Here in California we have mandatory insurance. The problem is that the migrant workers (mostly Mexican, all poor) don't have insurance anyway. I have un and under insured coverage as a result. Also, when they passed the mandatory insurance law, the price of insurance went up for everyone.

zig
MR1 Zig (I made rate!)
Machinery Repairman USNR
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Hi Nisaar:

I am sorry to hear about the accident. I hope you can get it fixed properly. It certainly looks repairable to me.

Greg Gordon,
www.hiperformancestore.com
nisaar
Gold
Gold

Post by nisaar »

thanks guys

I think im over it now, I'll Just get it fixed luckly the car did not twist underneath.
i have extra bumpers,back lights the whole works. I see if you join the alfa club here in SA they have special insurance so once its fixed I will look at that.
Lifes a journey? F*** the ride get there first ALFA ROMEO oo=v=oo
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Nisaar so sorry to see what happened to your baby. I had a Putco bus rear end my GTV6 a few years ago and managed to get it repaired via my own insurance company.

Free advice if your going to leave your Alfa at a panelbeater,take out the computer box so they cannot start your engine at all.The wankers who fixed my car managed to trash my Glenwood 3.5 litre motor that had just been run in. :evil:

You can mess with my woman BUT don't f*&k with my Alfa. :twisted:

You need any help give me a shout?
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
x
Gold
Gold

Post by x »

Nisaar my friend DO NOT DESPAIR!
You should have seen the damage in my GTV after it got smashed from behind by a bmw :twisted: that was doing 120km/h...
His insurance told me to throw the car and that they would give me $1000 instead.
I NEARLY HAD THE GUYS' HEAD SMASHED ON HIS DESK!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I was at the insurance company everyday for a week and finally got my money back after 2 months and imagine that i already had paid to fix the car from MY OWN SAVINGS!!!
So carry on and fix it, this is NO WAY A REASON TO THROW THE CAR!
See ya!! 8)

X

P.S Remind me some time to tell you the story that involves a bus (!) and my GTV in very brief encounters...