Anything that does not fit into other topics.
BradGTV
Gold
Gold

Need Some Advice...

Post by BradGTV »

i need some advice..
i basically have too many options and cant decide what too do.
we have started the build of a turbo nord engine but know having thoughts if its the best option.
currently i cant decided what car gets what engine and what the car is used for,

between my dad and i we have:
- 1983 GTV 2.0
- 1984 GTV6 2.5
- 1988 75 T/S
- 78 GTV 2.0

what i want to know is what do you guys recon would be the best combination?

T/S in 83' GTV and used as a daily, or GTV6 with 3.0 as a daily?
78 GTV with a T/S turbo as a track car? or with a turbo 3.0 v6?
75 T/S with turbo and track car? GTV6 with 3.0 turbo used as a track car?

if you were in my situation what would you do? just looking for some opions from other perspectives other then my own.
cheers, Brad
79 GTV (sr20) 83 GTV (TS) 85 GTV, 76 GT, 84 GTV6, 91 164, 88 75 TS & 89 75 TS
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Re: Need Some Advice...

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

V6 in either one of the models for daily driver. Just to enjoy the sound of the v6 every day.
4 cil. turbo for track, best handling with the lighter 4 cil.. :wink:
Drive it like you stole it...
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

That's pretty good advice. 3 litre torque to get around the traffic without the need for spool up and all that heat. Stick the 3 litre in the 75 as it is a much more versatile cabin and carries passengers with much less fuss. Practical all round. If you want to keep your license and not drive on the rims in corners and do your racing on the track, the handling of the 75 with 3 litre power plant will be just fine.

For the track, I would use the 78 shell with the turbo if that's what power plant you want. The older coupes look a bit better when stripped of their bumpers. Otherwise, same same.

Save the later shell for a nice 3 litre conversion one day. :mrgreen:
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
BradGTV
Gold
Gold

Post by BradGTV »

thanks for the help guys, excalty what i was after! :D
i like the idea of the 3.0 v6 daily, it wont be as good on fuel as a 4cyl but the extra torque and sound makes up for it :lol:

i think the best option is to put the 3.0 in the gtv6 as it is 'basically' bolt in, as opposed to putting a v6 in a 4cyl car requires, new mounts, getting a gtv6 driveshaft ect.. and i like the look of the gtv's as opposed to the 75's.

i totaly agree that the 'gt' sytle bodies look the best, and with the twinspark engine and g/box will make a good track car, then when my driving skills are up to scratch the bb t28 i have will bolted on 8)

only down side is the 83 gtv is a mint condition car, no rust, good paint, and nice ride, good interior overall a great car, i guess it will have to stay in storage and see the odd sunday drive :cry:
79 GTV (sr20) 83 GTV (TS) 85 GTV, 76 GT, 84 GTV6, 91 164, 88 75 TS & 89 75 TS