Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Mericet
Gold
Gold

One step closer to the GTV6

Post by Mericet »

One of the conditions of buying the car was the mutual agreement with the wife that my 92 Camaro had to go. I sold it today.

Bye Camaro:
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Good for you! :D

Welcome.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Wrong move! Take it from an old geezer...Comfucius say: keep car, sell wife!! heheh! :lol:
(I would agree if it was a mint '69 Z28!)
Jim K.
Mericet
Gold
Gold

Post by Mericet »

The new owner of the Camaro really does not want me to change my mind. I am delivering the car for him this weekend.

It is actually a little sad. I have had the Camaro for 5 years and added over 80K miles to the odo. I never had real problems with her except for normal maintenance. As she is sitting on the picture she has 183K miles on her and looks better than the day I bought her.

Jim, if the wife's one flaw is the fact that she only allows me one project car at a time, I can live with it. For the rest she prety much leaves me alone when it comes to my cars.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

OOOH,Sell wife ,buy Alfa...She does not know what Alfa ownership means in the long run....
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Mental illness and cricket chirping sounds when you open up the wallet? (Great party trick BTW)
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Carel
Silver
Silver

Post by Carel »

Wife and an Alfa......man you have guts.....
otter
Silver
Silver

Post by otter »

as a friend said to me many years ago. . . .
"between an alfa, a boat and a girlfriend something has to give!"
he was so right, sold the boat for a new top end, lost the girlfriend for, well no real loss anyway. STILL HAVE THE ALFA!

mericet, if there is any good news there are women in the world who accept gtv6 owners. take my lead, hang around at the drags and find a mechanic with a HOT daughter! only downside is the old man is still convinced my car would run better with avgas, a supercharger and blow through carbs. . .
so many times, people have drifted into my racing line and slowed down to early.
Mericet
Gold
Gold

Post by Mericet »

Mats, my wallet does that already. I think I am in trouble.

Carel/Barry: Luckily I grew up in a tough country. Not having to worry about tsotsi's and the tokoloshi makes this a walk in the park. Consider this too, when I was still a Kyalami marshal my wife would come to the races with me. She would sleep in the car (inside track) between the Esses and the mineshaft until about 10 or 11, wake up, raid the cooler for food and then take the binoculars and point out the good looking girls in the stands to me and the rest of the marshals between races.

I have been toying with the idea of selling the Camaro before this anyway. It was a t-top car and had the structural stiffness of a damp noodle. (For a wet noodle you had to buy a convertible)
Neil C.

85 GTV 6 "Benna della ruggine e mangiatore dello zoccolo"