Anything that does not fit into other topics.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Brooklands Auto Italia Super Car day Sunday 15th july

Post by kevin »

Hi , was just visiting UK and staying in Weybridge unti Monday . Was wondering if any of you guys in UK on this forum are going to Brooklands this Sunday .Apparently GTA 's are gonna be featured etc .
Just finished a week in Penzance , St Just , St Ives . Some nice driving roads down here but would have to put a snorkel pipe on my GTA to get through some of these puddles :D
Last edited by kevin on Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
75evo
Verde
Verde

Re: Brooklands Auto Italia day Sunday 15th july

Post by 75evo »

Wow you went all the way south west to Penzance? Did you go to Marazion? Im going to the UK next year and am thinking of going to the southwest somewhere. I dont think I can make it to AutoItalia next year, because the Alfa Convention will be around the same date here in California. Im trying to persuade JK to come. I know RS comes here sometimes, so maybe if a few SA guys show up at the convention it would be great.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Re: Brooklands Auto Italia Super Car day Sunday 15th july

Post by kevin »

Only on way to Marazion now . It's 3km from our B&B . Then driving to Dunster in Somerset for a two nights . This part of Uk is really pretty. Their is quite a bit to do here for everyone in Cornwall. You can even plan your new 3.7 engine build while walking through the scenic Trelissick gardens in Truror or tweaking that new header design while browsing through Leach Pottery studious . Best ideas come to light when going on Engine house tour in St Levant while watching that single piston boiler plod along :D
Probably not recommended is braving a fierce on shore wind (squall) and horizontal rain aka a summer breeze while climbing to the top of Cape Cornwall - unless you have a proper European rain suit not a South African track day jacket and a pair of jeans :!:
Tripadvisor.com is only solution when traveling .
kevin
Verde
Verde

Re: Brooklands Auto Italia Super Car day Sunday 15th july

Post by kevin »

Wow , what a great day at Brooklands . A well organized day run by Auto Italia . Basically was a whole bunch of super cars combined with Alfa GTA's. It's a real bonus to have Mercedes world right next door to the Brooklands Museum as they guys can then take all their super cars from the display area onto the Merc test track .
The alfa club had nine GTA's there including a 3.8 L . Good to see them give it horns on the hill climb strip . Cars on the test track included F40 F50 , Enzo , mclarens, Maserati (birdcage) , stratos, the entire lambo range , 8c , merc black , a few mustangs , cobras, and the list goes on . I did take pics but will post once back in SA.
Alfa club gta owner were great bunch of guys assisting others with fault code clearings and other issues on the day . Must put it in the diary for next year .