Anything that does not fit into other topics.
75evo
Verde
Verde

Alfa Romeo Challenge Hockenheim

Post by 75evo »

Well the Swedes came and conquered. Pretty sure if the Norwegian 75 3.0 SC (ex Hans from Sweden) show up, he will sweep it clean as well! Mende (Denmark) with his 75 2.0 T was running very well too last year at Spa!

Most of mainland europe are still in love with NA power I guess :wink:

I only saw a short video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRFlvJZQPOI

But pretty sure Mats will have more info on this. All I can say is the Roos 2.0TS Turbo and the Hoffsten 156 supercharger cleaned up the field.
Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Re: Alfa Romeo Challenge Nürburgring GP 2015-10-10

Post by Maurizio »

I was surprised to read the header as in "when did this happen... Alfa Romeo Challenge Hockenheim"

So it was the end of the season race on the Nurburgring GP circuit . :wink:
And yes the most here nowadays keep it to NA.
There has been an exiting time with the IMSA's (replica's) and turbo's but most of them went back to NA. The majority didn't like DNF's behind their names :mrgreen:
Banned.. ? ;-) Daily donky.. ==> BMW 325d Image
E36M3 (3.0) Ringtool :twisted: ==> definitely BANNED!

AR 75 TS Ringtool '90, AR Spider 2000 veloce '79
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Re: Alfa Romeo Challenge Hockenheim

Post by Jim K »

Hmmm, are you saying not one of those guys can build a reliable Alfa turbo engine? This would indeed sound strange, especially for northern Europe where you don't have our heat problems. After playing with both na and snails, I would prefer a 1.8T to any na 2liter. As long as you want sane power levels -up to ~350hp- the 1.8T will outrun most V6's and will surely out-corner them!.....Let the fight begin! :mrgreen: :wall:
Jim K.
Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Post by Maurizio »

I don't know what was going on, no first hand info.
So my guess probably they weren't satisfied with just 350 [hp] :lol:
As the guy's racing the imsa's that period had budget enough... the black silhouette 75 was one of the last projects.

75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Whoops you're right, I saw Nurburgring but typed Hockenhiem :lol:

JK you mean something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blbokFGxghY

Damn the snails, damn them to hell :)

I think the 1.8T guy is building a 400 bhp engine now. I saw on one of the forum his dyno chart shows 300 bhp from 6000 rpm onwards. Probably has the same peak power as the GTV6 24V, but it comes about 1500 rpm lower AND...... it stays that way till 7000 rpm. Not to mention the torque too. No wonder it can dust the GTV6!

BTW Maurizio, at Magny Cour, a Fiat Coupe cleaned up the field and left the Dutch 75 3.2 in the dust. Sad but true..... a FWD, unreliable F I A T roasted a "50/50", semi tube frame car. I was a little pissed off, but had to accept it hehe. You can't deny that the days of DNF = BOOST is sort of myth these days.

Hopefully the 75 3.0 SC shows up to redeem the damaged pride of our transaxle cars.

And that Sprint with the 1559ccm decal on the side. ......why does he need to make it so obvious? Wonder wht the 2962ccm cars feel like when they can't pass him? :D
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Badmouth snails all you want, they give unrivaled torque out of corners! :twisted: I have 400Nm in my present car (276hp) with the GT2871 and my next engine should exceed 460-480Nm and 320hp with the GTX2860. A limit of ~320hp is imposed by the 63mm exhaust. Just going to 70mm jumps to 350hp at ~1.7bar (25psi). And...NO UNDERSTEER! If the near future is nice to me, I'll be able to report facts regarding the 1.8T in 2016. 8)
As for the Fiat coupe cars, they take them to ~550-600hp with the 5-cyl engines, no contest!

Jim K.
Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Post by Maurizio »

Oooh man where is the world coming to......FWD, snails, SC's, beemers ... next in line a hybrid???
:lol: :mrgreen:

75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Hey don't laugh Mario. It won't be long now.

One of these days it will be my LiPo/LiOn/LIFePO4 6-pack can beat your GT2871.

Your max torque is at 2500rpm??? HAHAHA!!!, I have max torque at 0 rpm :lol:
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Links I got from Alfapower.nu

Hope the author doesn;t mind. If he does, I will take it off.

Sunday
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 163&type=3

Saturday

Friday
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

The game has really moved on as regards snail power. I can well remember as a kid going to the Castrol 9 Hour at Kyalamy and watching the Ferrari 308 twin turbo struggle with turbo related issues. It was quicker than anything except the Joest Porsche 936 but it gave up the ghost after just two hours. This was in November when temps here are well over 30 degrees in Spring !

I recall the Porsche 935 with their KKK turbo's glowing red hot at night going down the main straight at Kyalamy , you cannot underestimate the impression that made on me as a motor sport obssesed 12 year old kid... :D

Do any of you remember the time Lotus entered Le Mans in the early 90's with their twin turbo V8 Lotus Esprite's ? Well I recall the amazment on the mechanics faces when the one car came in complaining of a lack of power, only to find the bonnet hinges had melted away and most of the one turbo was missing. :shock: It had melted away from excessive heat , so I can only imagine the temps must have been right off the scale to cause that.

My brother ran a GTV 2litre NORD motor with a hybrid Garret T3/4 single turbo boosting 1 Bar in the late 90's. We one December day he and I headed off to Sun City with the outside temps approaching 40 degrees Celsius. After about 50 kms I notice my feet were getting seriously hot...then I noticed the under soles of my Reeboks had started melting into the carpet so I rode the rest of the trip with my legs folded off the floor. :lol:
We get to Sun City and the one security gaurd tells me "Sir your bonnet is bubbling"...I say "What ?" So I get out and look, and yes the paint was bubbling on the bonnet just above the turbo... :lol: Engine temps was fine oddly enough.
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Well eventually I will supercharger the 75 3.2. I don't want to spend any mroe on NA mods. A nice rotrex unit comes to mind.

Improve the current rollbar to a rollcage and take it down to LA and win the Alfa Cup :D
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Then the alarm bell rang and ya woke up! :twisted: :mrgreen:

Jim K.
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Why didn't you sell me a 1.8T, instead you sold me a 3.2 crank :cry:

:D

Well anyway, a supercharged V6 will go and sound good.
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Oh, it will..... until the 1.8T coming from behind starts gaining on ya! :wink: :mrgreen:
Here's an idea: we find 10 engines, get them to the US and start a shop converting Milanos/gtv6's to 1.8T! With yours truly as the boss, of course! 8) :wink: We'll start with a demo car in one of your track meets! :twisted:
Jokes aside, a 1.8T is a difficult engine to have in the US. You don't have any parts for them (the main parts anyway) and no Alfa shop experience whatsoever regarding their problems and requirements, let alone trying to reliably make more power out of them! It took me long enough to learn my way around them to where I am now....

Jim K.
Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Post by Maurizio »

:lol: I know a place where a lot of TS enignes are standing around.
A ts turbo kit development then :mrgreen: