Anything that does not fit into other topics.
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Another Mad South African project - V12 Alfa Sei

Post by KevinR »

Just spent three weeks in SA visiting all my old racing friends from the Alfa Trofeo series and their is always a creation that stands out . I have posted pics of Domingos ( Owner of Powermods ECU) 155 creations Ie mid mount twin turbo v6 and his DTM replica however this new creation is actually hilarious once you go for a drive in it .
Idea behind project was to find a test bed in devoloping the Powermods software running a V12 fully sequentialy with dual throttles and an Auto box on one ecu . The spare Alfa Six lying proved to be perfect . The V12 comes from Toyota only sold in Japan Only , but these engines make their way to SA in the containers loaded with all the other Jap engines . It's not high in KW but huge amounts of torque .
The rest of the car is standard including the brakes but only wheels lying around were a set of full slicks from one of the race cars . As usual we dont really care about stuff like that on the road in SA . The seats are so comfortable it's like sitting on your lounge sofa even when you hold it in second ( automatic) and being thrust back into the seat with 500Nm on tap .
Being temporary fit the the dual throttles stick through the bonnet - of course attracting no attention :D
A couple of laps around the suburbs with some hairaisingly dodgy braking procedures I could only laugh . Well done Domingos !
Let's see how this car evolves as a test bed as this first phase only took two weeks to build !
PS - this alfa six would never have being sacrificed if it's original engine had never being burgled
.Oh I must upload the video of our test drive !
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (208.67 KiB) Viewed 3087 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (157.14 KiB) Viewed 3088 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (195 KiB) Viewed 3088 times
Duk
Verde
Verde

Re: Another Mad South African project - V12 Alfa Sei

Post by Duk »