Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

WANTED Gtv6 in the Bay Area for Wedding Day Photo

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

Hi all,

Long time, no see! Last time I posted here, Alfa returning to the States was still a rumor!

A lot has changed here in NYC too. My Alfa went into storage about 12 years ago and I went the cinque cento route about 5 years back. Soo much parking available for that tiny car. AND I found Greg Gordon working in a different but similar context in the Abarth community!

The Cin-Cen is nice, but nothing quite takes the place of my Alfetta. Sigh.. Two projects cars left unfinished.. which I feel terribly about... not to mention all the space and cost associated with storing the spares, shells and transmissions... oh so many transmissions!

Alas, I digress. A new chapter is about to begin in my life. After a three year engagement to my beloved Rita (who, for better or worse, can’t drive stick ;-)), we have finally decided to elope this,Thursday, January 3rd in San Francisco. We are planning things sort of last minute, during what is already a busy time of year in the restaurant and in the family, but the thought occurred to me that it would be really special if we could somehow incorporate an Alfa into our special occasion. Rita has chosen a hunter green cape to accent her white gown so a white or red gt6 would make for a lovely Tricolore photo, but beggars (or people who don’t finish their own project builds) can’t be choosers! If there is anyone out in the Bay Area with any color Gtv6 who would be willing to lend a car and a bit of time, I would be willing to dip into the Abarth turbo upgrade fund to make it happen. If you are out there or you know someone who is as romantic as me, let me know. I wouldn’t dream of asking to drive your baby (unless it came with your blessing), and I doubt we’d need you to hang around for a million photos. Just a quick shot at city hall or whatever works.

Thanks to Michael, Zamani and the old guard I see here keeping the flame burning. Your work is appreciated. Man I miss this forum.

Wish me luck!

Vittorio
75evo
Verde
Verde

Re: WANTED Gtv6 in the Bay Area for Wedding Day Photo

Post by 75evo »

Congrats! I don't know anyone with a red GTV6, but I hope you will find someone with one soo.

BTW, Vittorio, Mike and me are still quite young :D

Old guard = MD

Very old guard = Jim K

:mrgreen:
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Re: WANTED Gtv6 in the Bay Area for Wedding Day Photo

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

LOL! I may have misspoke ;-)

Ya know? There was a guy I was able to connect with on Cragislist (red pristine gtv6, US ride height), but I decided to rent a 4C that is available by the day on Turo. It is a white convertible with a red interior. MA-DON! I can't wait to drive it. It will surely be a memorable trip.

Thanks to anyone who gave this a thought. Plans are really coming together. We depart on the 1st.

Happy New Year to all my Alfisti friends and famiglia. Salute!