MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Drive my GTV6

Post by MR2 Zig »

Is anyone in or near Fresno, Ca. that has experience with GTV6's so as to drive it and tell me how sick or healthy my car is?

No, I'm not gonna let you take it to the mountains or the track, soooo sorry.

Scott
twinspark6
Gold
Gold

Post by twinspark6 »

I was there last week. I was also scheduled to leave today to L.A, but no longer will.
What seems to be the problem?
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

Twinspark,

I don't really know if I have a problem or not...it just seems that I should not get beaten in an impromptu drag race by a ford explorer. :(

I just want to know where I'm at...if this engine is really sick where do I draw the line and either rebuild what I have (2.5) or go get a 3.0 from APE.

This engine is very smooth, but doesn't seem to have the balls that Ive gotten the feeling (from this bb) it should.

I work about halfway from fresno to Harris ranch or if you're in the area lets meet up.

I have meet only one person here that knows anything about the GTVs and he is Brad form alfa ricambi (and busy as hell all the time)

Thanks,
Scott
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

have you timed a 0-60mph? on a US version it should be around 8.5 to 9 seconds from standing.
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

mjr,

I would do a speed test if the speedo worked right. I have to straighten the needle as its bent down and touches the face of the gage...it gets hot here. Then there is the tire issue....205 / 60 / 15s . When I had the speedo working it indicated about 10 mph slow.

I just have a couple of things conspireing against me at the moment.

I'm off to get it smogged now.

Thank you,
Scott
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

Good news :D :D It passed the smog test :D :D woohoo
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Just goes to show anyone can achieve wonders if you stay off the baked beans !! :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

But I like being powered by gas :roll:
twinspark6
Gold
Gold

Post by twinspark6 »

Are you in Hanford? I drive oftenly to the valley and SoCal. My nephew plays in a Premier league soccer team. He has to travel alot thru Cali. I will give you a heads up when i'm in the area. Or you can call me. Pm me for my #
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

Twinspark,
You have a pm.

I made one last adjustment to the mixture at the AFM that should have only affected idle, but it seems a bit better everywhere. I'll get thru G. Gordon's L-jet tuneup pretty soon as I got his silicon hose and intake kits to install.

Thanks,
Scott