Hamishm00
Gold
Gold

Post by Hamishm00 »

DP wrote:
What are the advantages of a GTA crank? It has a different front pulley and throw?
Well, it's got a 78mm stroke, which means if you change the rods and the pistons, and go for a 100mm bore (you'll need new liners) you can have get up to 3.7 litres.
Dos circos de 156 3.76L v6 cavalinhos
DP
Silver
Silver

Post by DP »

Could you give me a web site or more information on where I might look for such things?

What costs are involved with this?

Thanks,
Don
Thanks,
Don P.
DP
Silver
Silver

Post by DP »

Borgo AE?

Update on Total seal rings. I was talking to this guy rebuilding my motor - well, doing all the machine work on it anyway. He is checking all clearances and the distance the cylinders stand proud of the block, etc. Very thorough. We've discussed all possibilities on lightening and rebalancing the crank, etc. Anyway, he advised me NOT to use Total seal rings stating they're better suited to turbo/super cars. Something about high revs and a presure area between the total seal ring and the top ring and if there's no 'forced' presure the top ring moves too much resulting in the top ring groove being worn prematurely.... sounded convincing enough for me not to order them - still time if someone can convince me otherwise.

So, I ordered Stock 10:1 pistons & cylinders for the motor since I was convinced that boring the cylinders was risky.

Intake porting, matching and maybe Vick's re-grind nasty cam after break-in with the existing S-cam.

Any ideas? The car has a freshly re-sync'd Verde box for the highway. It'll be a GTVerde.
Thanks,
Don P.