Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

I've given up on Alquati cams (couldn't find them) years ago. Went with C&B, can pass CA SMOG test on the dyno.

Maybe we should just do custom cams like webcamshafts.com ? Give them your old cams and you specify the specs. I think $675 is the price for SOHC Alfa V6.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

As far as I know Bayless has some sort of deal with Alquati that makes them the sole importer of these products. I had a pair in a Fiat, they were good.
Greg Gordon,
www.hiperformancestore.com
la_strega_nera
Platinum
Platinum

Post by la_strega_nera »

junglejustice wrote:Thanks Vittorio - well-said!

Mats, a common misconception is that YOU know everything and that WE should all sit back and shut-up while you and your little know-it-all buddy down under try to impress and shock-and-awe us all with your superior knowledge and intellect...! :evil:

Why do you have to ALWAYS take it upon yourself to put a guy in his place who dares to ask a question that was already answered somewhere else, or who dares to ask a question that YOU deem too remedial for the SUPERIOR KNOWLEDGE of this here forum!? :evil:

Screw that! As always - if you DON'T have anything constructive to contribute - STFU! You did not have an answer to Andrew's question. You could not contribute ANYTHING else as an alternative, so DON'T respond then. Are we SOOOOoooo busy here curing cancer at the all-important gtv6.com that we simply CAN_NOT tolerate the additional administrivia of reading past the additional header of an X-post!?

This type of BS has run FAR more people off, than your proclaimed lame-duck "commercial interest" whining!

Since when were YOU installed to police the forums? As always (and this goes back to one of the first misunderstandings between you and I), if you don't like a post or a question, then don't fucking read it and better yet - DON'T respond!!!

The poor guy posted EVERYWHERE (multiple times by YOUR OWN ACCOUNT) and NOBODY has had any info for him - so you had to shoot him down because he posted in more than one place on two forums with the same question...!!! Very selfish!

Leave him be - was my point - not - "hey send me money, Glenwood bla-bla-bla" as you had implied. I simply offered assistance (possibly with the original cams that he was after - NOT a Glenwood product as you tried to imply here) once you pulled your typical shit! Face it - you're always VERY brave behind your little key-board!
You really are a cock-smoker.
Instead of polluting a thread with crap, people didn't post an answer because they didn't know. Similarly, posting the same topic in a million sub forums of a small site like this is not going to get an answer any faster if people on the site don't have an answer. Its simple net ettiquite.

You posted "tell me what cam specs you want and we'll get you cams" instead of "that's not a valid Alquati number" (Thanks to Jim K for bringing the tech!) or "they're 37.2mm lift and 600* at .050" lift...", so its not like you had anything constructive to post either... I assume Andrew has a set in his posession or knows someone who does and wants to know the spec... I know when I've tried to find out the spec of something I have sitting in a cupboard, or something a friend has sitting in a box in his shed, clowns like you posting "what spec do you want, we can get you one for $$$" really get on my nerve.

Maybe we should revisit conrods again hey JJ??
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

...ignoring the other "little boy" from Australia for the moment; turns out that the cams are for Randy's hydroplane and we are already working on it... (He just happened to ask Andrew about the Alquatis and Andrew went on the hunt...)

Even-though those guys operate mostly in the 8-9K rpm range with that 2.7 12 valve, they still need to get the boat out of the water (and get the water off of the hull...)

As with same cars/driving-styles/tracks, they also tend to "scrub-off" speed in the corners, so the low end remains as important. Basically a (pretty weird) 6K to 9K rpm operating-band. Given this application, the usual 292 duration at say, full lift - like say, an 11.7 or 11.9 - won't work. Maybe a 282 at 50,000ths will do

We are thus looking at more of an anomaly such as a full-duration 308 or something... Hence the motivation for the commercial interest/rip someone off/destroy the integrity of the forum/kill the purist-culture offer to separate someone from their hard-earned dollars and offer something that they don't need...

- Now back to you Ben - Get a life.
Last edited by junglejustice on Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

Nothing posted... :wink:
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
aggarcia
Silver
Silver

Post by aggarcia »

I see that I have gotten some traffic on this post. I have a set of used Alquati V6 cams provided by a friend. The only numbers are 43 and 20 ( not sure which number is first ) stamped on the end of each cam. These cams came from a source that only used Alquati products, so I am 99% sure they are indeed Alquati units. The cams have an intake lift of around 10.3-10.5 mm. I am looking for spec’s so that I can have these cams repaired. Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.
ANDREWG

1982 GTV6 ITS #63
1988 Milano Verde - Project car
1988 Milano Verde IMSA IS - now SCCA ITE
1991 164S

www.garciaalfaracing.com