aggarcia
Silver
Silver

Alquati Cams

Post by aggarcia »

Any one have spec's to Alquati 43-20 cams?
ANDREWG

1982 GTV6 ITS #63
1988 Milano Verde - Project car
1988 Milano Verde IMSA IS - now SCCA ITE
1991 164S

www.garciaalfaracing.com
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

PLEASE don't cross-post.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

Hey Andrew - you have done a GREAT DEAL for the Alfa community - you don't have to take that! (Just ignore asinine little-boy posts like that...) :evil:

I'll get you cams - just tell me what duration and lift you want - we'll make them and do a plasma heat-treatment hardening on them for you as well. Call me. 425.941.4747 or email me at john@reginaceleste.com (In fact, I think that Dawie may even have a set laying around - I know that he loves their LSD setups, but I did not know that they were in to making cams as well - I will check in to it...)

As a side-note; I often x-post (when I used to be active here) and over on the BB where I hang out now, when it comes to important requests/info/offers/deals to try and catch the eye of those who don't read every single forum, but who stick to specific topics/models.
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Yes we have all seen your spamming of the alfabb, terrible behavoiur.
Funny how you turn all your posts into ads...

I thought you promised not to return here?

Andrew, sorry for the harsh welcome. :)
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

I thought Mz was talkin about x-posting within this forum (engine and performace).

Couldn't care less about cross posting on other forums.
la_strega_nera
Platinum
Platinum

Post by la_strega_nera »

Mats wrote:I thought you promised not to return here?
JJ, 2 posts in September and now this one make it 3 posts since promising never to return. Good to see not only do you have a fine engineering mind but you're a man of your word.
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

Nothing better to do...? :roll:

The two of you aside; there are many here (and there), who feel that I am a contributing member and who regard my "spam" as valuable, a service and access to much-needed performance parts and options...
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

Not to worsen the situation between the engineers and the distributors (all of which are absolute alfa nuts!), but for my information why is it such a big deal if jj is tryin to sell something? Everytime someone says they are going to make headers, or big brakes, etc. there are a bunch of people who pop up to say "i want them, how much?" sometimes it is incredibly convenient to find someone to talk through an alf a problem with, and when it is a slight bother i usually scroll past the stuff that reads 'hi my name is jj and i sell dawie products.' Disagreements aside I do not like seeing the trash talk in the midst of a thread and i know that it definately turns people off to the thread. In the meantime alot of stuff has been said and there still arent cam specs anywhere on the page.
Respond to me with hate mail etc, I just cant stand to see you guys throwing mud.
Vittorio
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

The problem is that this forum is about knowledge and information, as soon as you mix in money you are going to have a motivation that is not "best knowledge" and that is wrong.

Maybe if the question was "Where can I buy Dawies cams and what does it cost?" the answer would have been ok but it wasn't.

JJ also seem to make the assumption that since everybody doesn't post something to tell him he is wrong they all agree, this is a common misconception.
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

Thanks Vittorio - well-said!

Mats, a common misconception is that YOU know everything and that WE should all sit back and shut-up while you and your little know-it-all buddy down under try to impress and shock-and-awe us all with your superior knowledge and intellect...! :evil:

Why do you have to ALWAYS take it upon yourself to put a guy in his place who dares to ask a question that was already answered somewhere else, or who dares to ask a question that YOU deem too remedial for the SUPERIOR KNOWLEDGE of this here forum!? :evil:

Screw that! As always - if you DON'T have anything constructive to contribute - STFU! You did not have an answer to Andrew's question. You could not contribute ANYTHING else as an alternative, so DON'T respond then. Are we SOOOOoooo busy here curing cancer at the all-important gtv6.com that we simply CAN_NOT tolerate the additional administrivia of reading past the additional header of an X-post!?

This type of BS has run FAR more people off, than your proclaimed lame-duck "commercial interest" whining!

Since when were YOU installed to police the forums? As always (and this goes back to one of the first misunderstandings between you and I), if you don't like a post or a question, then don't fucking read it and better yet - DON'T respond!!!

The poor guy posted EVERYWHERE (multiple times by YOUR OWN ACCOUNT) and NOBODY has had any info for him - so you had to shoot him down because he posted in more than one place on two forums with the same question...!!! Very selfish!

Leave him be - was my point - not - "hey send me money, Glenwood bla-bla-bla" as you had implied. I simply offered assistance (possibly with the original cams that he was after - NOT a Glenwood product as you tried to imply here) once you pulled your typical shit! Face it - you're always VERY brave behind your little key-board!
rz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

i find it a good thing that there are people who sell stuff we can not find, or can not make ourselves!
if you're not interested,just don't buy it!
here in europe there are not many addresses where i can buy a 3.7 24 plus all the goodies without paying sky high prices.
i am glad somebody is representing dawie's skills.
Murray
Verde
Verde

Post by Murray »

Yes let's all relax a little :D If it wasn't for this bb I wouldn't be able to get the pleasure I do out of owning and maintaining an Alfa.If it wasn't for people offering their products and services we'd have pretty limited options to maintain and improve our cars.If people have an uncontrolable urge to abuse each other then do it in private.I have learned a great deal from everybody who posts here and the last thing we need is to alienate anybody and reduce the pool of knowledge.
Good now that's off my chest - I'm going to go out and abuse my Alfa :)
1986-GTV6
1989-75 Twinspark very sadly sold-remarkable sedan !
2014 Audi Q5 3.0l TDI - torque MONSTER
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Andrew, 43-20 is not a valid Alquati P/N for any cam. I will list all Alquati 6cyl cam P/N's in case you have the entire number somewhere. If you find a match, say so and I'll post specs: A35/5/11.6/AME, A35/6, 11C/43/48, 147/43/49, 2B/43/50.
Jim K.
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

Post by cchan »

Hi Guys :D :!:

Its me again, ok, politics aside. Everyone knows I new here so I really don't want to get involve in everyone issues. We say live and let live. Let's party :D :) :lol:

Anyway, I know this sound dumb but what is an alquati cam?

Just trying to educate myself.

Peace :D
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

damn chan! google that shit!!! hahaha.... think high performance parts made in italy. jk
page 9 out of 10 on this link to bayless fiat lancia world catolgue will help:
http://www.baylessfiat.com/Catalog/Cata ... 41-050.pdf
vittorio