x-rad
Verde
Verde

problem is back

Post by x-rad »

Well...everything seemed fine for a few days...but I guess after a good run yesterday, engine is really running like shit.

checke under oil fill cap and guess what...antifreeze...also, noticed loss of antifreeze from overflow tank which has been steady for a few months.

Also, new leak of oil out rear main....

so I think I lost another head gasket. This makes THREE, two of which are on same side, third I have yet to check but i am pretty sure it includes #5 or 6 cylinder......

I think I probably have sunken liner syndrome as I know the heads are good now....

Now I have to resplice everything from the old Bosch system (only a few wires really) in order to break in my other semi worked engine properly.

Pain in the fn ass.....I was so pissed I felt like taking her out to a field and torching the whole thing....
brookstroutr
Gold
Gold

Post by brookstroutr »

x-rad,

I may have missed this point in your rebuild post, but did you have your heads & block checked for cracks? I always do this as a matter of SOP when I do this for obvious reasons on all major components. I have found a couple of slightly cracked parts in the past. As we know though, slightly doesn't cut it.
Regards,

N. G. Brooks Robinson
'84 GTV6
'84 M635CSi
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

heads were checked....block not checked
brookstroutr
Gold
Gold

Post by brookstroutr »

x-rad,

Not to appear as a smart ass, but you definitely have something causing this re-occurring problem that is escaping you. That's a major PITA for this re-work. When you tear it down, check the decks on the heads & block for warpage as well as cracks. I'm sure you know this, go slow and inspect everything as you go. That's what I do on all my work to look for signs of wear & potential problems.

Personally, I do not get into machine work. I always take the parts to a reputable machine shop for this work with specific instructions on what to do. I'd rather have a pro that does this everyday than myself. I also like having another person inspecting these prior to assembly. But, that's me. Good luck and keep us posted. Like I posted on your other post, I'm interested as I'm going to do my 3.0 ltr soon and want to be certain the assembly goes well.
Regards,

N. G. Brooks Robinson
'84 GTV6
'84 M635CSi
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

sunken liner or protruding liner?
x-rad
Verde
Verde