MerrilGordon
Gold
Gold

Remote Oil Filter & Oil Cooler

Post by MerrilGordon »

I’m sure someone out there has installed a remote oil filter on a GTV6 or 75/Milano ? I’ve got two things going on; the first is I’d like to be able to change the oil filter without having oil drool down the side of the oil pan. It’s hard to completely clean which results in a dirty engine in no time. I’m not sure where the best place to locate the filter would be. Preferably a location where the filter could be screwed off with the threaded side facing up.

I’m also debating adding an oil cooler as well. My oil has been heating up enough to notice substantial oil pressure drop on the race track with the engine turning 4000rpm or more. In normal street driving the pressure stays above the half way mark with the engine warm. I do need to service the radiator and that may resolve this problem but I want to keep my options open as well. Would be nice to have a valve in the cooler line to open for track duty and close for normal driving.

Anyone out there worked a remote filter/cooler solution ?

Thanks,
Merril
82 GTV6 3.0
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Re: Remote Oil Filter & Oil Cooler

Post by MR2 Zig »

Merril,
You may find just what you want for the remote filter and cooler setup at Summit Racing. There are cooler and remote filter setup that have a temp controlled valve that only lets oil go to the cooler when its above a certain temperature....just like your thermostat in the water cooling system.

hth,
zig
MR1 Zig (I made rate!)
Machinery Repairman USNR
MerrilGordon
Gold
Gold

Re: Remote Oil Filter & Oil Cooler

Post by MerrilGordon »

Thanks for the suggestion Zig. I'll go look up Summit's stuff.

Merril
82 GTV6 3.0