Veglia Borletti
Silver
Silver

Re: 24 v performance cam on standard engine..?

Post by Veglia Borletti »

Where can i buy headers for 24 valve in GTV6? Glenwood..?

How much do they cost?

:)
planetmojo
Silver
Silver

24v conversion into GTV6... have many questions

Post by planetmojo »

Hi Guys,

I am considering transplanting a 24v LS motor from a 164 into a GTV6. I am starting from scratch on this project, so I'm pretty green on what all is needed.

I understand that several modifications would be needed just for the conversion. I have some performance headers (Shankle, I think), but am told they are for 12v 2.5 or 3.0. My exhaust ports are round vs oval, and likely too small. Where might one start looking for the proper headers that I'd need (new or used)??

My budget may not allow the extra $$ for displacement upgrades: (3.2/ 3.45/ 3.7). So, I'm leaning toward sticking with the stock 3.0 for now. I would consider going to the 44mm 'Q' intake runners, to upgrade the stock LS engine. And possibly swap to something like GTA intake cams (that I hear about). Does anyone know a source for either of these?

I've also heard that I'll need to swap out my pedal box and brake booster can from an Alfetta to make more room in the engine bay for the larger heads. Are there any other major modifications that I should be aware of?

I'll likely have more questions as I get more serious about this, but any tips would be certainly helpful. Thanks a ton!

Peter
uncleskeeter2@netscape.net