Newbieguy
Silver
Silver

2.5 Liter dimensions

Post by Newbieguy »

Hi All- A newbie here to the Alfas. I need some help and I thought I would ask here. :o

I am working on a kit car and I hope to use the 2.5 liter V6 from a donor car at some point. My problem is I am not sure if it will fit in the car that I am designing. Does anyone here have some basic dimensions of the engine I could use to see if the V6 is a viable option? I have attached a pic of what I am looking for. Let me know and I can also shoot you an email of what I am looking for. I also ask for the length of the engine with and without acessories. All measurements within an inch is fine. Nothing too technical needed at this stage.

THANKS for any help!

Tony
Attachments
engine.jpg
engine.jpg (49.81 KiB) Viewed 4614 times
Last edited by Newbieguy on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Re: 2.5 Liter dimensions

Post by Greg Gordon »

Hi Tony,

I don't see the picture you attached. I am curious about what type of car it's going in. Do you need measurements with or without exhaust manifolds? What about the height? Do you need that with or without the plenum?

The 2.5 is a good choice. It looks great, sounds great and is inexpensive. It can put out plenty of power.

Greg Gordon,
www.hiperformancestore.com
Newbieguy
Silver
Silver

Post by Newbieguy »

Hi Greg,

Oops! I have added the picture. Without the exhaust manifolds is fine as I am sure I will have to make them. The height should include the plenum please. The plenum is my biggest worry as I fear the engine will be too tall. I am trying to stay away from a hood scoop if possible.

I plan on either using an Alfa spider as a donor and use the 2.5 l mated to it's transmission or just rebody a 1.8l Miata. I plan on making the car look sorta like something resembling an F car from the 50's. Blasphemy!!! :wall: No F badgets or anything like that for sure. It won't even be red. It will be a motley of styles from various F cars that I like rolled into one car. Some people can get thier nickers in a wad over this subject heh..

Anyway.. Thanks for any help!

Tony
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

It's about 21 inches side to side. The height from the bottom of the stock oil pan to the top of a GTV6 plenum is about 28 inches. With another plenum and intake runner set up it could be knocked down to 24. If you really need it to be low you can shorten the oil pan. For a picture of this check out the Alfa V6 powered motorcycle on my web site. It's oil pan is so short people think it's a dry sump, but it's not.

Greg Gordon,
www.hiperformancestore.com
Newbieguy
Silver
Silver

Post by Newbieguy »

Greg,

Many Thanks!!!! I have checked out your website. Csaba and I are friends also. He was always my go to guy on Fiat parts for my spider and X. Great guy!

Tony
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Hi Tony,

Thanks for visiting my website. Csaba is a great guy, I am sad he no longer works at Vick's. I don't think they will be able to find anyone to replace him.

Greg
Newbieguy
Silver
Silver

Post by Newbieguy »

I agree. They will never be able to replace him. I hope he keeps his white spider. We have the usual Fiat fling in the fall around our area (Oklahoma/Arkansas) each year. It is nice seeing Csaba and everyone else.

Tony
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Hi Tony,

It sounds like we are practically neighbors. If you are in Sapulpa OK (just 15 minuets south west of Tulsa) feel free to stop by.

Greg