from my local froum i have lernt that:

using 2.0 nord mounts on the v6 it will bolt into engine bay,
tunnel needs to be streched to clear v6 dount,
gtv6 shaft will then bolt in,
gtv6 dedion and transaxle will bolt in,
i will use non-isotlaic shifter on gtv6 gearbox,
radiator will be JE camira,

car already has volvo 4pots but i might change them out for the gtv6 brakes,
torsion bars are alreday bigger than standard, suspension has all new bushes, and wheels will be 17x7 from 156. hood will also be swapped over,

i hope to also instal a MS - 2 to simplifiy the conversion, and get rid of the l-jet!!

the things i need to know are:

will the speed work with the gtv6 gearbox?

can i use a isotalic gear stick and housing with the non-isotlaic shift rod??

cheers, Brad
sorry to resurect an old thread but what do you guys think of this

I have a 1984 gtv6 seirese three which i bumped two years ago
it was a front end smash and got paid out on my insurance then got the car back
it needs a front left hand wing (fender i think you call it) front bumpers valnce slam panel etc etc etc
so i stored it away in my garage and with the insurance money bought a 916 3.2 gt 1995 last of the busso engined gtvs which is beautiful fast and stylish

But ive always been on the look out for another 116 and along came this;

Hi all

"I have a 1983 Alfetta body shell which I have stripped back to a bare shell and repaired all sections i.e. rear arches, repair panels to front wings, inner wings etc. The body is in fantastic condition with fibreglass rear valance section fitted, so can be run with no bumpers and GTV6 bonnet. The rear tailgate had next to no rot to start with, now that rare in itself. Has had a re spray in Rosso red, not going to win any concourse shows but if you want a shell to make concourse or a fantastic classic this is the shell.

The car has its front grille complete with lights etc and is immaculate, no cracks. The lower spoiler/splitter is fitted. All glass fitted and side trims etc.

Full interior, fishnet sport seat no rips etc and all dash etc looks superb. All wiring back in vehicle and a black fabric headlining in place, not perfect but much better than the original one it had.

Alfetta gearbox, prop and drive shafts included. Bumpers can be included if required and some other spares etc, leaving you pretty much only looking for an engine. I was going to fit a turbo one I have.

Brake servo, pedals etc fitted and car is a rolling shell with five stud conversion. All this car really needs is an engine, new brake/clutch/fuel lines etc to finish a very easy project.

Only selling due to a return to an old project and don't have time for everything, as much as I think I do!!

£1,000, it would cost a lot more than this to get the required welding done!"[/b

So i bought it
Strange thing is it is a 2.0l, its on the documents as a 2.0 l ,the chasis number i checked out with alfas data base and its a 2.0 manufactured in 1984 and exported to the belgium market
The strange thing about it is the fuel tank is in the boot behind the rear seats as in the 2.5 the battery is in the boot as in the 2.5 the torsion bars seem to be the same thickness as the 2.5 but the fuel return to the tank is as the 2.0l and the rear de dion is set up with four studs as in the 2.0l (i have already removed it and am about to replace with the gtv6 rear and already it has the five stud wheel hubs at the front with drilled and grooved discs which the previous owner fitted

so my question is this;
did alfa towards the end of the 116 life use the same set up for both the v6 and four pot cars and if so will the v6 sit straight in
MD
Verde
Verde

Re: v6 conversion

Post by MD »

Yes it will.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

v6 motormounts are further forward in the body as in a 4 cylinder car. Otherwise it'll fit.
Drive it like you stole it...
darryl longley
Gold
Gold

Post by darryl longley »

thanks for that
raftopoua
Silver
Silver

Post by raftopoua »

Hi guys,
I have an Alfetta GTV 2.0 which was built in 1976.
The previous owner had modified it to look like a GTV6.
This is the car:
raftopoua
Silver
Silver

Post by raftopoua »

I have found an Alfa 75 3.0 in a reasonable prise and I am wondering if I can put the engine in my GTV.
The target is to make a full conversion to GTV6.
Is it possible?
The car is this one:
http://www.car.gr/classifieds/cars/photos/3520684/

kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Yeah its possible . You said your GTV was a 1976 model . Do you have any pics of engine bay in front of engine . Some went to lot of effort to do that conversion but I'm interested to see if they changed the lower cradle ( valance ) so the bigger radiator can drop .
Which fuel tank is in your car as you need the return line for the fuel injection . Do you have people who can modify your prop as you can keep the existing prop but cut the front section and join the 75 prop and you can be out by as much as 5-10mm as its on spline but obviously try be accurate . From the middle hanger on prop back its in a fixed position . You can also change entire prop to fit on the 2litre from 75 but then you must change yoke on clutch and sadly you have to cut and modify prop as I remember 75 prop is longer .
I did this on my 116 Alfetta .
Engine mount bracket gets extended forward . Note the engine does not sit straight in the car however if you do make it straight you will have to adjust bell housing bush as its offset . Which reminds about the bracket under car for bell housing you will have to adjust from the 2.0 to the 3.0 .
Its always easiest to know direction you going then put engine in car and measure up from there . Its not a difficult job but its a real pity you want to take apart a really nice 75 unless the body is rotten to bits .
Three of us did this job on the Alfetta in a weekend excluding getting the prop welded and balanced . ( it was a long weekend ). It was a great car which my mom used for many years in her gardening company towing trailers every day . :D
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (50.97 KiB) Viewed 5748 times