SPAIN
Silver
Silver

REBUILD

Post by SPAIN »

My mechanic has finally finished rebuilding my car to standard specs. The following work has been carried out so far:

Engine: Many new parts following Murrays shopping list. My mechanic refused to fit Total Seal rings ( by the way I am seling the set for a resonable price). preferred to fit new standard pistons and rings , he believes total Seal rings will wear to engine out in the long run. Have fitted a new hidraulic Tensioner. I would appreciate your comments.

Transmission and suspension: New Rubber Couplings, yellow Koni's , ball joints and poly bushes throughout. Haven't changed the springs. My car is european spec. Can I lower the front leaving the rear springs and how far should I go? Anythis else to be considered before I take the car from the work shop?

I have fitted a new exhaust and repaired the airconditioner as well.I will be soon repairing several rust spots and having a full body respray (but not down to bear metal).

All parts supplied by EB Spares and Highwood Motors in the UK.Great help.

I might keep standard 15" wheels, fitted with 195/60 tyres. Any point in changing to 205/55/15. ? Will this improve performance or handling?

Can I fit the following allow wheels: 2x17"8,5 x 17" ET20 and 2 x 17" ET19- 5x112 ( i do not know what the last bit means). They are OZ racing and look great but i do not know if they will fit.

I will be posting picks as soon as bodywork is completed.

Regards
Jack_Linguini
Silver
Silver

rebuild

Post by Jack_Linguini »

205/55/15 definitely worth it. Could even go 205/50/15 although
your speedo will be off. 17" wheels on these cars look cheesy.

Also don't lower the front w/o lowering the rear. it will make the handling
funny. I ran my car w just the front lowered for awhile and it
handled very strange. One I lowered the rear and put konis
in it handled much better. You can get rear springs from AR Ricambi,
or performatek.

hth.

bests

Jim L
j.v. Lentini
1984 ALFA GTV6 2.5
iachella
Silver
Silver

Post by iachella »

5x112 is the bolt pattern. It means 5 holes with 112mm spacing. GTV6s or late Alfettas (the 80s) have 5 holes with 98mm spacing. These wheels will not fit.

FYI - 70s Alfettas have 4x98 and 105 GTVs and Spiders have 4x108.
Stefano, Concord CA
74 GTV, 79 Alfetta GT
iachella [at] gmail [dot] com