Terry Johnston
Gold
Gold

Newbie Questions

Post by Terry Johnston »

I'm toying with concerting to Gotech sometime next year (too cold in Utah to think about it until Spring!). I had a few questions. My CA 1983 GTV6 with Alfa Heaven modified ECU(been on since 1985) and Greg's Air Cleaner setup.which I have owned since new has about 90K on it. It still is in a 2.5 configuration and probably will remain so as the engine works really well with no leaks and very little oil use. I have a few questions. First who are the US dealers for the Gotech and roughly what are the the retail prices for the product? Given that the car is a 2.5 would larger fuel rail runners make a difference coupled with the Gotech ecu? Does anyone make and sell larger runners? I suspect I would have to go to the upmarket injectors Greg (hopefully he will get them on to the new site soon) sells. Terry
Terry
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

Terry,

I am running the GoTech standard on a 3.0 with Greg's stage 2 injectors, my advice is on a 2.5, stay with your original injectors or have them sent off to RC and have them cleaned or get Greg's replacement inj. The stage 2 inj are sort of over kill for a stock 3.0, so a mostly stock 2.5 should be fine, and the better matched the inj are to the engine, the more adjustable GT will be. I would think about headers, doing away with the AFM does make the intake side flow better, so it would be good to make the exhaust flow a little better too. I am not sure you need to go to larger intake runners on a 2.5, take yours off and hone them out a little to clean up the welds and the sand casting, that makes a good difference.
ar4me
Verde
Verde

Post by ar4me »

Keep in mind that if you keep your stock injectors (low impedance) you need the "fly-back" configuration for GoTech. If you switch to stage 2 injectors from Greg, go with high impedance injectors and GoTech hooks right up. My verde runs GoTech Standard with Greg's high impedance stage 2 injectors and air intake.
Jes
87 Milano Verde - daily driver - Juliet
87 Milano 3.0 Motronic - budget race car - Roxanne
87 Milano 3.7 24v - race car
(Repeat or do as I say at your own risk - be critical)
jrreeve
Gold
Gold

Post by jrreeve »

Where is greg's list of injectors now? The Olde Bottles site is down...and the hiperformancestore doesn't have them listed....or the pistons.

Rob
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

Terry, buzz me for the GoTech and harness - 425.941.4747 (in Seattle), or email me via www.glenwoodalfa.com (my personal email is also john@reginaceleste.com

JvR
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...