mac74
Silver
Silver

Newbie to GoTech

Post by mac74 »

Hi all!

I recently converted my GTV6 to a 3.0 Milano engine. It runs great even though I'm still running the 2.5 injection. Have done some lambda measurements and it seems according to the meter that it runs quite rich most of the time. Wonder if that really is true??

Anyway, I'm thinking of getting a Gotech-box. Can someone guide me a bit on what I need initially?

I want to begin with mapping fuelcurves. Can I keep everything stock or is it clever to buy the gotech tempsensor for example?

Anybody who has made an adapter for the l-jetronic connector?
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Narrow band lambda?
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
ar4me
Verde
Verde

Post by ar4me »

You can use all the stock Alfa sensors. My standard GoTech ECU came with a harness for the Alfa V6 with connectors and eveything (which makes the L-jet harness obsolete) - I took the entire L-jet harness out. Though, you need to consider which injectors you run. The standard GoTech works with high impedance injectors as is but the L-jet cars have low impedance injectors. You can use a module and maintain the stock (low impedance) injectors, but if I recall correctly you will then no longer be able to fire the coil directly - again, if memory serves me, this is because of limited optional output being used in relation to the low impedance injectors (which could otherwise be used to fire the coil directly). I simply replaced my injectors with Greg's stage2 high impedance injectors as mine were getting old - options were to recondition or new, I choose new.

It's be a while since I did my conversion, but I believe the above should be accurate.

One thing to keep in mind is that it can be a long and tedious process to tune the maps for drivability to perfection. WOT is probably best done on a dyno, but all the part throttle, part load, all kinds of operating conditions etc can take a long, long time to get just right. There are so many factors.

Jes
87 Milano Verde - daily driver - Juliet
87 Milano 3.0 Motronic - budget race car - Roxanne
87 Milano 3.7 24v - race car
(Repeat or do as I say at your own risk - be critical)
mac74
Silver
Silver

Post by mac74 »

Mats:
Yes I use a narrowband lambda. I know it's not that accurate but should give you a hint on air/fuel mixture..... My meter is showing 0.8V most of the time under all types of different driving.

ar4me:
Hmmm, think I'll stick to the original low-impedance injectors to start with. Where do I get the module for this setup? Does GoTech sell it?
ar4me
Verde
Verde

Post by ar4me »

Since I didn't have to deal with it myself (using high impedance injectors) I'm not 100% sure of the details. However, for the ignition you would probably need to re-use the Alfa module instead of firing the coil directly with the optional output of GoTech. As for the low impedance injectors I'm sure GoTech can explain the details and point you in the right direction. Otherwise, I know someone who did that exact install - pm me if you like contact info.
Jes
87 Milano Verde - daily driver - Juliet
87 Milano 3.0 Motronic - budget race car - Roxanne
87 Milano 3.7 24v - race car
(Repeat or do as I say at your own risk - be critical)