Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

bteoh wrote:Hey Barry,

Here's my map. It's using the dealer tune v5.4
Brian,Try this for me please..Dont worry about mixtures,tell me if its smooth and if the car responds better..
Thanks mate.
Attachments
Barry play map.dfi
(7.78 KiB) Downloaded 458 times
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
bteoh
Platinum
Platinum

Post by bteoh »

Hey Barry,

Downloaded your map and took the car out for a blast. Car definitely runs smoother and is a joy to drive. Previously it used to jerk quite a bit around the 2000-2500 rpm on low load/ coasting in 3rd or 4th but it has become smoother now. Still some slight jerkiness but nowhere as bad.

I will try to take out the plugs tomorrow and see what they look like. I haven't got to use the non resistor plugs as I had just put in the new BCKR6EYA. I didn't put the BP6ES as they used a 21mm socket which didn't appear to have much room in the plug well of the 24v. Instead, I bought a new set of BCP6ES-11 which should be the same as the BP6ES but in 16 mm socket size.

BTW, what oil do you recommend for these glenwood 24v motors? Should I be using Castrol full synthetic EDGE 10w-60?? I think it just has mineral oil at the moment.....
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Ah,ok..thanks for the feedback Brian..I simply :cleaned: up your existing map and also added fuel where I thought,through experience on these cars,the engine needed more fuel ..The big thing with mapping is smooth,gradual maps..Your`s were very erratic and had holes and peaks in it..

Yes,stupid of me on the plugs,should have said the latter..sorry.

Can you tell me where the hesitation and ,if any,spluttering is in the rev range and load??Lets see if we cannot get it running smoothly and reasonably strong so the final mapping is easier for you to do...Damn,wish you were around the corner..we could fully map your car in 100km`s of driving... :D :wink:

Imho,stay with a mineral...yea,10-60 or 20-60 is good..Im not fond of the thinner stuff...
This is purely my opinion and Im sure Mats has a million reasons to use full synth. :wink: :wink:
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Well you know, here at sea level it's a whole different ballgame... :wink:
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Brian,

You gots to rememba, you down theres, the water in your toilet bowl spins the wrong way.

I'm not sure if MD has to do with that.

Do you need really thick oil? I use 20w50 Castrol Syntec and it is just fine. Almost no oil consumption.

In the summer the temperature here (SF Bay Area) is hot (can go past 110F some days). Way hotter than Penang or KL (90+F).

What is your oil consumption like? I expect almost 0. Most 24Vs do consume very little oil from the factory, well at least compared to the 12V.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Mats wrote:Well you know, here at sea level it's a whole different ballgame... :wink:
Im going to stick a pen in your eye when we meet.... :D :D :D
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

...then WHAM! The old fork-in-the-eye. :lol:
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Mats,We gotto do The Ring sometime....teach me how to drive.. 8)
Dont let GB see this post..amn,too late.. :wink:

Brian,Feedback?
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

GB? God Boy?

I was there, waiting for you... But you never showed. :(
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Mats wrote:GB? God Boy?

I was there, waiting for you... But you never showed. :(
Hahaha!!!!!!! No,greeceball !!!!!!!JK,Mr K,Jim k,Jim...

yea,I know..It costs a bit more for us far away guys to get there and stuff...Ill do it some day.. :wink:
bteoh
Platinum
Platinum

Post by bteoh »

Hey Barry,

Got some pics of the plugs BKR6EYA, all look the same, not wet but pretty sooty. Took them all out and replaced them with non resistor plugs BCP6ES-11 (Gap 1.1mm I think). Car runs like a pig !!! Very jerky esp around 1800 - 2500 rpm, 3rd and 4th gear and doesn't idle well. What could possibly be wrong?
Obviously mixture too rich still? My LM-1 must be stuffed as it was showing AFR values jumping up and hovering around 30 -45 even though it has been calibrated to free air. Also doesn't allow me to hook up to the serial port on my computer (Was going to connect to LM Programmer). Will send it back to see if it's faulty.
See pics below and tell me what you think. Plug 5 is an example of what the rest look like (Other pics not very clear).....
Attachments
Plug 5.jpg
Plug 5.jpg (25.6 KiB) Viewed 10580 times
Plug 1 2 3.jpg
Plug 1 2 3.jpg (27.97 KiB) Viewed 10579 times
Plug 4 5 6.jpg
Plug 4 5 6.jpg (28.59 KiB) Viewed 10580 times
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

cchan...your right about being too rich

O2 sensor OK? does gotech have O2 feedback loop? settings correct? if not, do you have stoich meter you can piggyback to O2 sensor and check?
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Brian,Im rather chuffed that we dont see the wet oily plugs no more..Yes,Mixtures are very rich.But its a good indication of burn now.Those wet oily plugs were worrying.

Try a new 02 sensor on your lm1...I dont do leaded gas/petrol at all with mine,gets wiped off after evry use and when cool,wrapped in a plastic bag.

What is your devide by setting for the injecors?
What fuel pressure you running?

Mmmm,You reckon the plugs caused the new problem?really should not have..Put the old ones back in and check..Can you measure the lead resistance for me please...Perhaps Ive screwed my lead identification up..

Im going to do one more map and you test it again,ok?? :wink:
bteoh
Platinum
Platinum

Post by bteoh »

Barry,

Yeah, the mixtures are way too rich. Similiar to the tune when I got the motor from Dawie. I tried to put the previous plugs back on and it didn't take long before those got fouled up too. So you are right, it couldn't be the plugs.
I haven't measured the fuel pressure but I think it runs the original Bosch fuel pressure regulators from the 164. I can't remember but I think I am using the Bosch 910 fuel pump which flows about 200 litres per hour.
As to the leads, I haven't had time to measure the ohms. When the VR6 coil pack was included in the crate, the plug leads did not fit very well. It kept coming out so my mechanic super glued them on (We were going to get the local Bosch people to make up new connectors to the coil pack but did not have time so took the short cut). I think Bernard in Brisbane had the same problem with his leads and he had to completely tape the leads to the coil pack with electrical tape???
Divide by setting for injectors is 3; charge m/s is 2.494