cchan
Platinum
Platinum

Correct Procedure to Hook up Laptop to Gotech box.

Post by cchan »

Hello,

Ok, I know this sounds dumb but is there a correct procedure to hook up the computer after the Alfa is running to monitor the gotech system. The reason why I ask this is that the last time Phil did this we lost the current map that was running and had to re-create it from the prior saved maps. This was a hassle and we hope to avoid this. We were not sure why it did this but I am sure its not normal.

We will be bring the Alfa to the Dyno shop soon and we just don't want to lose the current running map when I hook up the laptop and then have to restore the saved map on the laptop.

Maybe we 1). Have Alfa not running 2). hook up laptop 3). Check to make sure we are online 4). Start the Alfa. 5). adjust gotech system.
6). Save new map 7). turn off Alfa. 8) disconnect laptop.

Or 1). Have the Alfa Running 2). Hook up the laptop 3). check to make sure were online 4). Adjust the gotech system. 6). Save new map 7). disconnect laptop 8). Turn off Alfa.

Or :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

We cann't fault the Go tech for the price but no one that we know is familar with the Go tech system who is local. Phil is puzzled so I told him I will post for information. Were going to be hooking up the laptop alot in the future and were hoping not to have the lose our current stored map on the gotech box. ( Not Laptop file).

Thanks for any input
AlfaAnthony
Silver
Silver

Post by AlfaAnthony »

I turn on the computer, turn on the go Tech program, start car, then plug in cable to computer, then hit F1 to conect.
Vozz
Silver
Silver

MFI Pro and Windows Vista

Post by Vozz »

Is anyone having problems using Vista? I can't save map from ECU to PC.
Please help. Thanks
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

82 GTV6 3.0L 24V Restoration/Modification

Post by cchan »

Thank you AlfaAnthony, we used your procedure to hook up the gotech and we had no issues. :D