junglejustice
Verde
Verde

GoTech Group Install/Tech Session

Post by junglejustice »

Visa permissions are extremely egregious for South African applicants at this point in the game.

Visas permitting, Domingo, (who is one of the 3 designers of the GoTech stand-alone engine management system), will be accompanying Dawie de Villiers from Glenwood Motors to the National Convention here in Seattle this summer.

They will be conducting a joint session with Ron Simons from RSRacing in the Netherlands on Engine performance and Transaxle Handling Dynamics. (Performance enhancement to ALL TYPES OF ALFA ROMEO ENGINES will be discussed however; handling will focus on the Milano/75 and GTV6, as well as Ferrari 308 cars...)

I have structured a tech session at Group 2 Inc in Seattle on Thursday afternoon late and it is on the schedule. The timing is very specific as I did not want anything major to compete with this extremely important session... Yes, the board meeting is scheduled for that day however, attendance is limited to the 12 active board members and this Tech. session is scheduled to start toward the end of the day any way...

Immediately after the session, attendees will be treated to a private visit to three of the most unreal private collections of historic race cars, in the country, right there in the immediate area! Everything from Ferrari 312/512 CanAm and Le Mans-type cars to Gulwings, 300SLs, Paul Newman's 308 racer, Le Mans Porsches, on and on and on!

The session itself will run 2 to 3 hours, with plenty of floor-time for each Ron, Dawie and Domingo and enough time for questions. This will be indoor/outdoor and it stays light pretty late here in Seattle in the Summer.

Dom will do an install on one car on the spot and talk about the ins and outs of his fully programmable stand-alone engine management systems. Dawie will be able to share his experience with the flexibility of these units on everything from 4-bangers, to naturally aspirated V6 big-bore conversions to twin turbo-charged 24 Valve monsters.

Want to know how to get rid of your restrictive Air Flow Meter and with it, all of the ageing L-Jet components? How about dumping your mechanical SPICA fuel injection, in favor of a fully-programmable EFI setup? Convert your twelve valve Milano/GTV6 Bosh setup to a modern coil-packs and programmable EFI solution!

Ron's capabilities with transaxle units are very well-known... Come and ask him first-hand questions on the fastest way around the Norschleife in a transaxle Alfa Romeo! A car with a complete RSRacing suspension setup will be up on the rack for very specific, detailed discussion.

Anybody who wants to bring their GoTech ECUs and get help on installation right there can certainly do so.

Refreshments served!
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

JJ,

So the trio will be there? Damn, can't miss this convention then!
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

Damn it! I am in the other corner of the country, that means I would have to drive up on L-Jet and drive home on GoTech, I wish I could get there, any plans of taping the session for us poor south eastern Alfa folks?
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

No-No! Don't wait 3 months to do the install...

BTW; What injectors do you plan on using...?
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

Well, I am down to waiting the the SS nipples to hook the vacuum lines to the intake tube, and I also need to cut the tube into two sections and then drill and tap a hole for the temp sensor and then have a buddy weld the nipples to the pipe, I guess I need an airfilter for the 3" pipe, I already have the reducer from the TB to the 3" pipe and a 90 degree elbow. The temp sensor came yesterday, I need to get the correct electrical connection for it, so off the the junkyard this weekend. I have the stock injectors, but I sent them to RC Engineering when I rebuilt the engine 16k miles ago, so I think I am good on those, but if I do GoTech to my 3.0, I would like to go with Greg's bigger injectors, also buying Greg's Intake would have saved time and money, but that yellow color.......
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

Yeah I know...

Hey Sam, buzz me when you have a sec. I have a few things to ask/mention/clear...