Verde
Verde

Post by ar4me »

Congrats! Pics?

Jes
87 Milano Verde - daily driver - Juliet
87 Milano 3.0 Motronic - budget race car - Roxanne
87 Milano 3.7 24v - race car
(Repeat or do as I say at your own risk - be critical)
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

Thanks! She ain't real purty at the moment, let me clean her up a bit and I will post some pics.
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

That's fantastic Sam! Congrats!

Refresh: What motor is this in the Verde, what have you done to that motor, wich of the GoTechs are you running on this one and how did you get it to fire?
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

This is pretty much a stock Verde motor in a different Verde, I bought a rusty one with good mechanical stuff, then bought another mostly rust free one with out a motor and swapped stuff over. This is the standard GoTech unit. My biggest problem was the fuel pump relay, I still don't have it right, so I just straight wired it, I will get DaveH over to help me with it, because I really don't want it running everytime I have the key on. My other problem is that you can not hook the MAP sensor to the Throttle body port, the vacuum there works opposite of the pelenum vacuum, so I made a little adaptor to hook a vacuum port up to where the csi used to be, and that works pretty well. I need to finish bleeding my clutch and hook up the rest of my exhaust and then a ton of little misc clean up, I should have her on the road very soon.

I only drove her around the parking lot, never got past 2nd gear, but the most impressive thing about it was I could easily start the car in 2nd gear with the tall Verde rear end.

Now to do a little road testing, maybe install some headers, then go get it professionally tuned (after I play with it a little), then some paint and body work and I will have my new daily driver!

Thanks for all the help, I am sure I made the process more difficult than it could have been, but it should make the GT Pro install on my GTV6 that much easier!