AlfaAnthony
Silver
Silver

Post by AlfaAnthony »

I just ordered the Bosch 0 280 120 400 TPS that Jes suggests. The 3 pin Volvo one suggested on the megasquirt forum would not mount without a custom bracket and modifying the TB.

Has anyone figured out the pin configuration on the Bosch 0 280 120 400 TPS ?
fastcar
Gold
Gold

Post by fastcar »

AlfaAnthony wrote:Thanks, Jes. Looking at some other posts, I decided to source a 164 throttle body for which a common 3 pin sensor used on Volvo's and Saabs connects to. I found that on the megasquirt area of this site! I'll let everybody know how it goes. Right now on running on MAP but I want to explore!

Thanks!!!!!!

Tony

I also got mine from a 164 which is a measure type not a switch. I will check the part number when I get to the car in the upcoming days.

It fits to the standard layout of the connectors described in the Gotech manual, as I remember but I will check also and post it here.

fastcar
AlfaAnthony
Silver
Silver

Post by AlfaAnthony »

My understanding is that the 164 TPS is a awitch type.
fastcar
Gold
Gold

Post by fastcar »

AlfaAnthony wrote:My understanding is that the 164 TPS is a awitch type.
So finally I've got time to come here and write the number 8)

0 280 122 001

This is a potmeter type TPS from an Alfa 164 24V. I have this one on my GTA engine.

Sorry for the late. :oops:
AlfaAnthony
Silver
Silver

Re: MFI TPS install questions?

Post by AlfaAnthony »

I have been trying to make the TPS that Jes suggested work. First of akk mounting is a snap. Bolts up to the Milano throttle body. No need to find a 164 type.

Problem is getting it to work. Car will barely run, won't idle at all. My wideband O2 gauge reads 22.9!

I ve played with the GoTech TPS settings with no success thus far.

Does anyone have a map that uses TPS?

Thanks!

Tony Brucia
Long Island NY
AlfaAnthony
Silver
Silver

Post by AlfaAnthony »

I can report some success on my TPS quest. I requested and downloaded Esperan's map (thanks much!). It felt better than the map I was using straight away. I also heard from JJ who sent me instructions on setting up the tps that I had installed.

Sucess running Esperan's map, 50/50 MAP/tps. Car starts better and runs smoother than ever and goes! I wound up taking out a fair bit of fuel from Esperans map which I figure is because I am using Gregs stage 2M injectors.

Thans to the members !

Tony
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

Post by cchan »

Hi Alfaanthony,

I have posted my map and it uses MAP and TPS. My Alfa is running strong and we are just sorting out the tach, speedo, and other minor electrical stuff.
AlfaAnthony
Silver
Silver

Post by AlfaAnthony »

Found your map and downloaded it. Ren great in my Alfa. Similar to Esperan's.

Thanks

Tony Brucia