Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

wow Kevin!!! congrats mate!!! I wish my mechanic would work on your deadlines!!! i've had my Giulietta for a complete electrical system rebuild for about 4 months now.....it's near complete thank god...but stil.... :?
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Thanks Barry, 80% true as a few mates jumped in on Friday and helped assemble. Lucky there was a spare motor to pull parts. Only problem is that the one head must have more than 1mm skimmed off than the other.(non matching) . So with the extra power coming from the left bank i find I have to correct when changing gears. :D
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

It would be nice for anyone using RS setup or any other coil over set up with standard torsion bars to download there spring rates front and rear as well as the approx weight of car on the V6's(gtv or 75). I am using 115kg front and 50kg rear and car weighs approx 1150kg's. It works very well for fast road(smooth roads) and racing but as things are starting to get more competive now Im willing to lose all road comfort to improve track times. Cant lighten car to much as I fall out regs. Any info welcome.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Kevin,
When I eventually get mine on the track and sort out the worts, I will give you some feed back. Unfortunately that doesn't help you now. Regrettablly, that isn't going to happen for months to come yet.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
ar4me
Verde
Verde

Post by ar4me »

Milano/75 race car: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthread.php?t=27358
By now fully gutted with 3.0 12v w. Motronic out of 164QV, guessing 2300 lbs - missed the corner scales at last event :cry:
RSR 30mm front sway bar and RSR shocks+springs, 125 kg front and 70 kg rear, stock Milano/75 2.5 V6 torsion bars.
Jes
87 Milano Verde - daily driver - Juliet
87 Milano 3.0 Motronic - budget race car - Roxanne
87 Milano 3.7 24v - race car
(Repeat or do as I say at your own risk - be critical)
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Thanks Jes, Are you happy with those rates, do you feel the car is relatively balanced ? Would you go stiffer?
ar4me
Verde
Verde

Post by ar4me »

Yes, it is neutral with a slight tendency to oversteer. I'm very happy with the balance and feel of the car, at least for now while the driver continues to improve :)
Jes
87 Milano Verde - daily driver - Juliet
87 Milano 3.0 Motronic - budget race car - Roxanne
87 Milano 3.7 24v - race car
(Repeat or do as I say at your own risk - be critical)
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Mats in your racing experience do you think its a bad thing to run on the bump stops (on front) in high g corners or under braking. Technically the car becomes a go kart.
tomp
Gold
Gold

Post by tomp »

On the question a few post back concerning shorting shock rods A way to shorten them without damage would be to drill and tap a piece of bar stock in the lathe to accept shock rod. With rod screwed into threaded bar stock it would be easy to cut threads in a new location. Finish by cutting off old rod with parting tool. May need to rig up a steady rest for shock body.
-Tom P.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Barry, what do you think of this front coupling cage. Mainly for racing on high hp motors . Nothing new but I am going to make a few.
Attachments
IMG_2435.JPG
IMG_2435.JPG (47.14 KiB) Viewed 7017 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

By the way this one has raced a full season on a 350hp motor. You can see the wear on the edges. I know of a lot of couplings disintergrating on the track causing major damage so at the worst case can any thing negative come from this.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

kevin wrote:Mats in your racing experience do you think its a bad thing to run on the bump stops (on front) in high g corners or under braking. Technically the car becomes a go kart.
I'm sorry, I missed that one.

I believe it would be a terrible, terrible mistake to run the suspension to any stops be it bump or rebound. It makes the car extremely unpredictable to drive. Avoid at any cost.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Hey Mats its never to late . Thanks for reply. The cars was touching the bump stops in the shock. Now that I have found origional adjustable auto delta torsion bars I will turn it up a bit. (Future plans are to do away with the torsion bars totally)Got a race this weekend at Phakisa. Never been there before to race only to watch the Motor GP (before it was taken away). And speaking of temperature its about 10deg colder there than where I stay. Gonna have to plug all the holes in the car and possibly carbo load on bake beans.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Or throw the bump stops in the bin...
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!