Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

I'm just going to answer one of the posts, ok? 8) :lol:

There must be something else going on I think, there is just no way you can shear off the bolts with the engine torque/momentum. The halfshaft CVJs see the same torque x gearratio (plus/minus maximum wheel torque even) and they are fine. Where there any parts made of aluminum? The bolts are critical, unless they provide (and can keep) the correct preload the CVJ will slip back and forth in the companinon flange and may shear off the bolts or they will work themself loose.
Steel flange, correct bolts (12.9) at the correct torque is a must, washers are critical too, must be made from hard enough steel (OEM stuff basically). Make sure the surfaces are clean too to get as high friction as you can, too much grease in the CVJ working it's way out in the bolt holes can be bad.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

I'm just going to answer one of the posts, ok? :)

There must be something else going on I think, there is just no way you can shear off the bolts with the engine torque/momentum. The halfshaft CVJs see the same torque x gearratio (plus/minus maximum wheel torque even) and they are fine. Where there any parts made of aluminum? The bolts are critical, unless they provide (and can keep) the correct preload the CVJ will slip back and forth in the companinon flange and may shear off the bolts or they will work themself loose.
Steel flange, correct bolts (12.9) at the correct torque is a must, washers are critical too, must be made from hard enough steel (OEM stuff basically). Make sure the surfaces are clean too to get as high friction as you can, too much grease in the CVJ working it's way out in the bolt holes can be bad.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Oh sh#t. This did not show message posted but went to DEBUG. Can admin delete this. Mats I will send info on as a few are also looking for answers here.
Got some other pics from Saturday
kevin
Verde
Verde

Re: A 'budget' race car is born (slow delivery)

Post by kevin »

Update. Had some rear vent discs made that came out pretty well as i could not get any SZ ones. once again adding more weight but there is a 3hr endurance race coming up so trying to get prepared.
Attachments
IMG_2662.JPG
IMG_2662.JPG (86.29 KiB) Viewed 5544 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Decided to chainge the intake of plennum to the centre . Still working on a smooth lightweight pipe from throttle body tp cone filter behind headlight.
Anyone got any views on how much bigger you can go on the diameter of this pipe in relation to the throttle body if its lenght is about 500mm ?
Attachments
IMG_2664.JPG
IMG_2664.JPG (112.64 KiB) Viewed 5541 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

I cant find the thread but Patzo was looking for pics of a white interior. Some pics when I sprayed the car.
Attachments
IMG_2660.JPG
IMG_2660.JPG (128.36 KiB) Viewed 5535 times
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Kevin, 100mm I.D. is good for about 500BHP
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
GTV27
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GTV27 »

8) cool, I've got some 90mm stormwater pipe laying around under the house, so that should give about 450bhp - that'd be almost enough :lol:
Jason
1983 GTV6 2.8 litre
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

The more I look on those African beauties the more I'm convinced that white is THE color for GTV6. Yup my next gtv6 will be white :D
Kevin could you give us some more info on those rear rotors?
GTV27
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GTV27 »

PietereQ wrote:The more I look on those African beauties the more I'm convinced that white is THE color for GTV6. Yup my next gtv6 will be white :D
:shock:
???? are you on drugs?
:wall:
red is clearly the best colour!
:P
don't get me wrong, white is nice, but red is the gun choice, closely followed by metallic grey, black, silver, yellow, green, fuscia (not even sure what that is)....and then white, narrowly in front of baby poo brown (which I think Alfa had the good grace not to inflict on the GTV6)
Jason
1983 GTV6 2.8 litre
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

If you want a discussion about colours, check out the "Other" topic. Let's keep Kevin's topic about racing ..I have added a bit more to what you said Jason so I will need to borrow your sh*t shield when you've finished with it... :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
GTV27
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GTV27 »

no problemo mikey my friend, plenty of room for all behind the wall and I'd appreciate the company as things are quiet around here at the moment!
Jason
1983 GTV6 2.8 litre
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Ok, so while on subject of red and white here are some pics of our two GTV's from same position. I prefer white if the car has other colours on it like red stripe and srickers (biased). Red GTV-Conrad is taking different line defending corner while Im going in deaper before turning in.Which infact is the wrong line on this particular corner. Notice body lean of white car(Full RS suspension and 28mm torsion bars) VS red car (RS front anti roll and 28mm torsion bars).
Attachments
_MG_2626-re-sized1.JPG
_MG_2626-re-sized1.JPG (121.85 KiB) Viewed 5357 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

VS RS suspension
Attachments
_MG_2633-re-sized1.JPG
_MG_2633-re-sized1.JPG (124.6 KiB) Viewed 5358 times
GTV27
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GTV27 »

there is no argument from me that both those cars look fantastic :!:
Jason
1983 GTV6 2.8 litre