Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
U5tabil
Silver
Silver

Alfa Romeo GTV 116 3.0 - Total Restoration & Rebuilding

Post by U5tabil »

I am now gladly presenting my project page of my car.
Earlier my project has only been on the Norwegian language and on normal forums. But after some technical problems it all went lost.

But now i am back and this time i took the opportunity to convert everything into English as well. But the biggest improvement this time is that i made an entirely new and more clean page, so that its easier for new persons to check out my project, in a more organized way.

And by doing this its much easier to discuss more in here without interfering and making a mess about the project. So i ask to have the discussions in here and not in my guest book that are for more minor messages.[/SIZE]

Click me to go to U5.no

Hope you all enjoy the site :) and hopefully a new update or two will come :)
grant
Platinum
Platinum

Post by grant »

That's an awesome site, and I like your project ideas.

What front suspension were you running when you were at the track with the GTV 2.0?

So sand balsting wasn't worth the time? I was thinking of doing it to my car now that the transmission is out (seriously rusty!)
Attachments
IM000495.JPG
IM000495.JPG (159.88 KiB) Viewed 11348 times
BMW's are the ultimate driving machine!

I'm kidding -- please don't ban me.
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

U5: Very nice site...where have U been?
U5tabil
Silver
Silver

Post by U5tabil »

grant:

Well i was running a standard torsion bars with yellow koni, wich sucked big time!

And why i say that it wasn't clever to sandblast it was that my little compressor isn't good enough. You need a big compressor if you want it right or else it just takes to long at you use like a ton of sand, my backyard was like a beach after i was done!

x-rad:

What do you mean? where i have been? :P

Well thanks for the great support. I do have a lot of pictures on my pc from my rollcage building and some from paint jobs on the part. So an update is on the way :) stay tuned!
U5tabil
Silver
Silver

Post by U5tabil »

Here i come with an little update, update 1 of 3 that hopefully will come this week if i get the time to write them down. First out is an little update of part2 of the front suspension parts. And the painting is on good way!

The update lies under www.U5.no under:

Parts & Suspension -> The disassembling and overhaul of the front suspension parts

http://u5.no/index.php?topic=38.msg38#msg38
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

I mean where the hell have you been before your 8 posts?? GTV fans like yourself need to on this site more often! :P

PS: I think all of our garages look kinda the same.......(maybe this can be a new thread under other... "our working conditions")
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Ok, please consider writing all the stuff here. Linking to other sites are considered rude on most internet forum, almost like you only use this site for advertising.
A simple copy/paste of the text that can be interesting to us is no effort for you.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

Slight OT.

I sandblasted my GTV some 10 years ago. Slowly the amount of sand flying around while hard braking and cornering is decreasing.

Today I'd use water or CO2 blasting instead.
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

you might want to look into powder coating any parts that go under the car..its cheep and will outlast the car....thats what im fixxing to do on my project...as far as sand blasting..lemmy just say thats it is a craptastic job to do yourself..it gets EVERYWHERE and many places you didnt know you could get sand...and trying to remove it from the car :roll: ..ill NEVER blast again
U5tabil
Silver
Silver

Post by U5tabil »

x-rad:
Well as i wrote in the information part. My project was first in Norwegian, but then i made the site and wrote everything to English. And i wanted to use a little more time to make a more clean site.

You do what you expect others to do ;)

Mats:
I have heard that before. But it ain't holding. When i have like 9 forums that i have this project on spending from Norwegian to English forums like this, the best way is to keep all on one place, linking pictures like i do take lots of time, and not all the forums use the same codes and so on. Some even don't accept my gallery pictures... And i also found out that it is the best way for new people that haven't seen the project before to go in and see a clean site and easily go around the site and read in peace, instead of looking trough 15 pages where a there are several pages with "spam" and other talk. So now they can just go see whatever they want. And by saving time publishing all at once i can use time to discuss inside the thread here about what do to and so on, without making it hard for new people to look at my project.

Micke:
Well thats one idea, but you can do as me send it in for blasting.

sh0rtlife:
I have looked into powder coating but there ain't no place where i live that they do that, i need to travel far then. So ill just paint them and see how it will become :)
The same for my car i can send it to sandblasting which isn't that expensive, and it ain't far from me either.
But as you say sand gets everywhere. What i really wanted was to have the whole car in a acid bath, but for that i need to get to the other side of the country, wihch is like 600km and thats not with highway but crappy mountain roads, pulling the car in some way or another. And i lost my driving licenses for speeding in January getting a 1550$ speeding fine and loosing my license for 7 months, so if i was to do that i need to wait a long time. And it cost over twice as much, but is probably 3 times better... Ok now i am talking so much about it that i are even considering it now :roll:
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Sandblasting.

I don't get it.

The only way to sandblast, beadblast or baked bean blast for all I care a chassis is within a negative pressure chamber enclosing the entire operation and the operator wearing appropriate breathing apparatus and a protective suit.

In Australia, it is illegal to carry out sandblasting in the open because it is a breach of Environmental Protection legislation and so it should be.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

Of course I didn't do it myself. I have no idea what kind of full body condom the sandblaster had. Not my concern really.
Sand gets trapped everywhere and even if I used a lot of effort with compressed air and vacuum cleaner I didn't ger all the sand out.
Hit the brakes on the track and 10 grams falls down from somewhere.

Sure. I'm 110% certain I'm an environmental bandit if I sanblast some alfaparts in my yard. I mean SAND get there on the sand. That must be bad :shock:

Peeing in the nature should be forbiden as well. And swimming in lakes/seas of course.
U5tabil
Silver
Silver

Post by U5tabil »

Micke wrote:Of course I didn't do it myself. I have no idea what kind of full body condom the sandblaster had. Not my concern really.
Sand gets trapped everywhere and even if I used a lot of effort with compressed air and vacuum cleaner I didn't ger all the sand out.
Hit the brakes on the track and 10 grams falls down from somewhere.

Sure. I'm 110% certain I'm an environmental bandit if I sanblast some alfaparts in my yard. I mean SAND get there on the sand. That must be bad :shock:

Peeing in the nature should be forbiden as well. And swimming in lakes/seas of course.
And farting as well... Oh my that is really bad, that why there is a global warmin :lol:

Well i got the price for the acid bath, around 1600+$ + tax that is 25% so it ain't so bad..
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

U5: as you can see, you are now a target for the pros and the cons which is definately a good thing here on AlfaGTV6.

It means at least we consider your posts! :)

Glad to have you and your links! (but would not mind more pics here)
U5tabil
Silver
Silver

Post by U5tabil »

x-rad wrote:U5: as you can see, you are now a target for the pros and the cons which is definately a good thing here on AlfaGTV6.

It means at least we consider your posts! :)

Glad to have you and your links! (but would not mind more pics here)
I am now a target? in what way? hehe...

I am so tired now, i don't know if i want to make a new update, it would look like a mess.. But i can start on making one. So maybe an update will come tomorrow. Today i have been working hard on the roll cage so now thing looks good, not much left except welding A LOT! And for that i just got a new 50liters gas tank 8) Since i have already used up my old 50 liters tank :shock: 50liters with 17liters use in the minute last around 735 minutes of constant welding. So, so far i have been welding over 735 minutes on this car! that i really didn't know! :lol:

Well as i said it is too much forward and back if i was to put pictures here, i have like 9 other places i like to chat about my car. And all with different codes, so ill stick to the homepage iv made. Its just one link away ;) and then you get all the good pictures, and in the right order!