Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
weberdcoe
Silver
Silver

Alfa 75 v6 at Spanish touring car championship

Post by weberdcoe »

Hello.
I hold recently a little web with information about the Alfas 75 V6 3.0 that raced at Spanish Touring car championship at late 80 and first years of 90.
http://usuarios.lycos.es/america75/
To download the information, click at the picture and download a pdf of about 20 mb
The drivers were Luis Villamil and Luis Pérez Sala and won the championship at 1989 and 91 against cosworths and m3s 8)
Greetings
weberdcoe
Silver
Silver

Post by weberdcoe »

Hello again.
I have solved some problems with the web :roll: , is possible now to download the pdf file.
Greetings
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Nice link. I managed to read most of the text (similar to Italian) and the hardest thing to swallow is the 130hp at 2800rpm :shock: reported for the engine....I tend to think its another Alfa pipe dream, one of many similar ones. The std engine had 100hp at 2800 (and that, according to their brochure diagrams :oops: ) I don't care what cams you get and what CR you run, you won't get 130hp at 2800, unless Greg's kit was hidden under the hood :lol:
Jim K.
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

From a 3.0?

It is doable for sure. 130 hp at 2800 rpm equals 325 Nm or 13.8 bar mean combustion pressure. Just need to tune it pretty good for that rpm. Whether it does I have no clue.
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Would you tune something for 2800 and expect to work between 4-7k?? It takes some thinking to figure out how to make 230-250hp at ~6800rpm with the std cast iron manifolds and race cams..AND have 130hp at 2800!
Jim K.
weberdcoe
Silver
Silver

Post by weberdcoe »

Ciao alfisti.

I am not sure about power about these alfa works 75s. I have not seen the cars never at the time at the circuits because the nearer circuit was 600 km far.

The cars were works Alfa Corse 75s brought down to special Spanish championship rules (middle Production car, middle Group A car).
Brakes and suspension were Group A parts, engine and gearbox similar to Production parts (1.6 diff and near to 50% lsd with standard gear ratios).
Other parts as the steering was from other variants of the model (75 turbo)

But I think that the cars ran very well because won to works Cosworths and M3s 8) . In fact for the press essays the cars ran different engines (nearer to stock) :)

Usual team tactic was: Villamil Alfa attacks from first to last lap and cause usual mechanical problems to the De Aisa's Renault 21 Turbo and massive tyre wear and some spun to the Cosworths from Palau and Sasiambarrena and the M3 from Bassas.
Then at last laps Pérez Sala Alfa (an ex-F1 driver at the time and a "good line driver") with less tyre wear overpass several cars to find first or second possition.

Someone of these cars are alive today? I don't know :(

Please attention, because at october at Vila Real circuit in north of Portugal it is possible that an ex-works Alfa 75 Evoluzione driven at the time by Rufino Fontes ran again. :shock:

Greetings.