Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Re: Original GTV 3.0l race car build gearbox upfront (Nelso

Post by Greg Gordon »

Hi Kevin,

The 12 valve supercharger kit will not bolt to the 24 valve engine. Some of the parts may work, but at a minimum the main (forward) mounting bracket will not, and that's a key component.

For the record, 24 valvers are very rare over here. If there is even one here in Oklahoma, I don't know about it. I doubt there are more than a few hundred running in the entire country.

The new supercharger I am planning to use on the 2.5 will have enough capacity for any Alfa V6, including the 3.2 GTA engine. However, as I said, bolting it up is another issue.

The crank pulley on the 24 valver may be a blessing if it can be used to drive the blower. Otherwise, something else would have to be fabricated.

Greg
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

The best pulley for supercharger-use i have seen so far on the Alfa v6 comes from the 155 v6. They have a serpentine belt with room for two belts, there is one for the alternator, waterpump and PS and there is one for the AC-pump. And there is no rubber in this pulley like in the 24v. :)

Only problem i see is that it's made for the rather short 155 v6 engine which has a different waterpump which will not hold the thermostathousing from a 75/GTV6 without modifications. the 4 bolts are not in a nice rectangular shape as on the 75/GTV6.

but maybe that can be solved by making a new waterpumppulley.. :)
Drive it like you stole it...
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

I saw Nelsons car while I was in SA at Alfia auto while I was getting my dads 24v spider thermostat changed . Giovanni and Clayton do an excellent job on keeping the Alfas on the road in SA . Thought I would snap a few pics and take short video which I will upload some time .
Nelson has also finished it off really well . Love the airbox and dash layout . Classic steering wheel :D
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (174.72 KiB) Viewed 3497 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (156.77 KiB) Viewed 3498 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (205.82 KiB) Viewed 3498 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (65.46 KiB) Viewed 3498 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (185.07 KiB) Viewed 3498 times