Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Re: Pictures,of racing, group 1 etc,etc,

Post by Fernando »

Dick Pickering and Maurizio Bianco were 16th overall and 1st in Class T for the Group 1 cars.

I remember the 2 Hour Lodge race that year. I sat in the BMW pits as a guest of Tony Viana when they were running the two Gunston sponsored BMW M535i's.

I remember at the end of the race walking back to my uncles car, we were right behind Derek Bell and his then wife, but I was so star struck just being in the presence of this world famous factory Rothmans Porsche driver that I couldn't get a word out. :oops: He was kind enough to greet me and pose for a photo though. Still one my favourite racing drivers as a result.

I reckon the Miss SA's were just awe struck at the timeless beauty of the GTV6... I had one girlfriend who only dated me because I drove an Alfa GTV, I kid you not, but hey when your young and dumb who cares :wink:
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Hi Fernando , its coincidence that today I watched the Lancia have a full go and got Derick Bell in same picture before he padded up to go race . I will post up a lot more pics of today's action at Goodwoods 73rd Members meeting another topic . Just awesome - soooo many rare Alfas out there today .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (200.86 KiB) Viewed 4927 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (204.94 KiB) Viewed 4927 times
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Kevin for fear of digressing from Alfa's let me just say that the Group C era was brilliant. I see you captured that beautiful Aston Martin in Mobil colours, what a shame Ford pulled the plug just before that programme was about to really take off.

The class winning GTV6 3 Litre in 1983 was in the colours of VSA if memory serves me correctly by the way.
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
Mark Walshaw
Gold
Gold

Post by Mark Walshaw »

Nico Bianco in the GTV 3.0.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (43.5 KiB) Viewed 4794 times