Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
kevin
Verde
Verde

Race tyres review section and advice ( slick/semi slick)

Post by kevin »

Their is a set of Toyo 205/50/ZR15 PXR 888 tyres here , probably the only set in the country . Has anyone got experience with these.? Our market here is 90% Bridgestone and balance Dunlop . ( kinda like blue silicone hose only :D )
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Re: Race tyres review section and advice ( slick/semi slick)

Post by fedezyl »

kevin wrote:Their is a set of Toyo 205/50/ZR15 PXR 888 tyres here , probably the only set in the country . Has anyone got experience with these.? Our market here is 90% Bridgestone and balance Dunlop . ( kinda like blue silicone hose only :D )
I use them at the track here, great tire, lot's of grip, on the racing series here FWD with 200hp and no limited slip diff, the front set last a weekend and a half, it's two 10 lap series and one 19 lap final on a 3km long track.
I like them.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Fed thanks for feedback .
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

A lot of guys use these 888's over here and most are very happy about them. They're better then slicks that are a few years old... :)

They also are allowed for street use over here. :P
Drive it like you stole it...
Joemart
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Joemart »

Hi

would love to know if anyone has had experience / exposure and done a DIRECT comparison with RE55 Bridgestone???
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Never heard of PXR 888 but Trampio 888 and as they are now called Proxies 888. Pretty good tyres but not as fast as the Bridgestones.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Joemart
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Joemart »

tx
GTV27
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GTV27 »

I have found the 888 to go off with temp build up moreso than the re55s. Ok for a lap or 2 and then they get quite squirmy. They are a fair bit cheaper than the re55s and its for a reason. Not a fan.
Jason
1983 GTV6 2.8 litre
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

I have R888, and they are good. not the best. I find they can withstand some heat. But I cannot compare them with the Bridgies RE55 or Dunlop D01J 0r D02J.

One thing for sure is they last a hell of a lot longer than the Yokohama A048. The A048 only lasts for about 12 track days and then they start becoming hard as rock. My Toyos are about 3 years old and are still quite sticky.

Maybe what you can do is go for a super sticky race tire like the Kumho V710 or Hoosier R6 for the actual race or qualifying laps

For practice or test sessions use the Kumho RS3, Toyo R1R, Dunlop Z1. These street tires are not too far off from the R888 and they last a loooong time before going hard or wear down.
Grdi
Silver
Silver

Post by Grdi »

If you have a chance try Federal 595RS-R
up to now best buy I've tried

now I'm driving Kumho Ecsta V70A...not justify price compare to Federal

http://www.federaltire.com/en/products_ ... etail_sn=5
lower gear full throttle
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

75evo wrote:I have R888, and they are good. not the best. I find they can withstand some heat. But I cannot compare them with the Bridgies RE55 or Dunlop D01J 0r D02J.

One thing for sure is they last a hell of a lot longer than the Yokohama A048. The A048 only lasts for about 12 track days and then they start becoming hard as rock. My Toyos are about 3 years old and are still quite sticky.

Maybe what you can do is go for a super sticky race tire like the Kumho V710 or Hoosier R6 for the actual race or qualifying laps

For practice or test sessions use the Kumho RS3, Toyo R1R, Dunlop Z1. These street tires are not too far off from the R888 and they last a loooong time before going hard or wear down.
Is this a troll post? Only 12 track days?!?! Are you joking? Five track days sounds like a Great tire IMO. 12 is just crazy.... :?
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!