Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
MD
Verde
Verde

Turbo Alfetta Race Car

Post by MD »

Ah treat time !
Here's a dedicated track car built by one of our local Alfa Car Club guys over a number of years. It has some history attached to it whereby the person who made it, sold it and eventually bought it back.
Alfetta turbo powered (15psi)with a regular transaxle doing the transmission work. Weighs just over 900kg. Gorgeous build quality.
Attachments
DSCF0825.jpg
DSCF0825.jpg (132.91 KiB) Viewed 7005 times
DSCF0827.jpg
DSCF0827.jpg (132.09 KiB) Viewed 7005 times
DSCF0832.jpg
DSCF0832.jpg (125.81 KiB) Viewed 7005 times
DSCF0833.jpg
DSCF0833.jpg (119.25 KiB) Viewed 7005 times
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
MD
Verde
Verde

Re: Turbo Alfetta Race Car

Post by MD »

Some more..
Attachments
DSCF0837.jpg
DSCF0837.jpg (144.69 KiB) Viewed 7004 times
DSCF0839.jpg
DSCF0839.jpg (146.79 KiB) Viewed 7004 times
DSCF0844.jpg
DSCF0844.jpg (136.76 KiB) Viewed 7004 times
DSCF0849.jpg
DSCF0849.jpg (113.79 KiB) Viewed 7004 times
MALDI
Platinum
Platinum

Post by MALDI »

On one hand it's an amazing build, on the other hand there is precious little Alfa left in the car. But as long as it shames the other marques on the track who am I to judge? :wink:
'84 GTV6 3.0L
'81 X1/9
maxiboy
Gold
Gold

Post by maxiboy »

Amazing and beautiful build quality ...

amazing amounts of work involved
Duk
Verde
Verde

Post by Duk »

There's nome nice work there!
A couple of curiosities tho. Like the fact that 105 uprights are used, with 'upside down' lover ball joints (spherical rod ends), but no apparent bump steer correction.
Also, the steering arms are standard (LONG) length..............
I'm surprised that they didn't duct the radiator air flow out thru the bonnet and over the car. Maybe a rule thing?

Anyways, it's always great to see some of the gizzards of pure track cars! 8)
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Probably the thing that needs to be appreciated here is that the guy who built this is not a mechanical engineer nor has some unusual gifts of talent. He is a regular Joe. Just an enthusiast like all of us here. We all have a variety of talents that we can bring down and apply it to a project. Sometimes it may take a collaboration with other people to address shortfalls in your knowledge or skill but the project keeps rolling forward. Inch by inch and month by month. Sometimes years like this one. But it is the think BIG enthusiasm that causes a new idea to be borne and before too long lots of people come on board to help out.

So if you don't know how, don't let that put you off. You may be a good coordinator. Work with your contacts and people on this and other forums and you too can achieve something you can be proud of the sum of which would have been beyond your personal means.

I posted this to inspire the ordinary Joe in you.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

I tell you what ... That bodywork he has done is far better than most skilled panel shop workers could ever achieve . I think the inspiring part is its great to know they are other nutters out there creating their own track animals out of these GT/GTV shape cars .
I already sent this link to the guys in SA on the body work and over all package .... And comment was their feeling pretty inadequate at this stage :D but they will be back with some brute power to make up for it !
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

MD wrote:Probably the thing that needs to be appreciated here is that the guy who built this is not a mechanical engineer nor has some unusual gifts of talent. He is a regular Joe. Just an enthusiast like all of us here. We all have a variety of talents that we can bring down and apply it to a project. Sometimes it may take a collaboration with other people to address shortfalls in your knowledge or skill but the project keeps rolling forward. Inch by inch and month by month. Sometimes years like this one. But it is the think BIG enthusiasm that causes a new idea to be borne and before too long lots of people come on board to help out.

So if you don't know how, don't let that put you off. You may be a good coordinator. Work with your contacts and people on this and other forums and you too can achieve something you can be proud of the sum of which would have been beyond your personal means.

I posted this to inspire the ordinary Joe in you.

Hear, hear.

At least he's driving it and it's not in perpetual upgrade hell...
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!