Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Re: Race Videos

Post by PietereQ »

Well, so here it is my first onboard, from one and only track event I managed to paticipate in this season :( I was running Dunlop Slicks 210/45/17 Medium compound. The change was quite dramatic, which ended me topping my last best time by nearly 10 seconds. Given the fact that im still a rookie Im pretty satisfied with the result, with more experience I'm sure it's possible to shave at least another 5s. Oh well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS3o1FhRfs0
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Peter,

On the plus side, nice simple cabin with minimalist dashboard.

On the downside, you guys have strange safety regulations it would appear. You need a fire extinguisher but you are not wearing any fire protection yourself being in a pair of shorts and short sleeve shirt.

Can I suggest to you that you invest in some fire safety apparel in case there is a fire and you receive some major burns because you are not wearing any personal protection?
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

Hey Mike,

Note this was a trackday, not a race, so there were mostly people drving in stock/street cars, and the only requirement in that case is helmet.

I don't want you to get the wrong impression but, all races that take part here have to comply with FIA safety regs, so no, you won't see guys racing their GT3 cup, or other racers for that matter, in short's and t-shirts ;)

On the other note, yes I'm thinking of getting a proper apparel, but that was not on the priority list this year.