Any and all Alfa Romeo Car advertisements (complete cars).
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

1981 Alfa Romeo GTV6 (SA 3.0 inspired) ***sold***

Post by Michael »

Built with inspiration from the South African 3.0 GTV6 racing homologation specials I purchased this NA spec 1981 GTV6 in 2018 and have since extensively recommissioned the car, with an eye towards reliability, potential daily use and the occasional track day.
3.0 Busso V6 from a 1987 Milano Verde, 164S cams, Sperry Valve Works port-polish job done in the late 90s. CSC headers (coated), new stock center exhaust with a new ANSA rear exhaust (new stock exhaust included). A replica South African GTV6 3.0 bonnet, front spoiler and a set of replica European bumpers (from AlfaBob in the UK). Standard bonnet, bumpers are included. The car is also a desirable non-sunroof car. Compomotive CX replica 16" wheels from Chris Snowdon Racing - same design as the South African 3.0 liter cars. Chris Snowdon Racing front brake calipers with larger rotors. At the rear, new calipers were installed from EB Spares in the UK with drilled/slotted rotors.
The suspension has been refreshed with new joints and bearings, standard except 105 Series caster joints, and polyurethane watts linkage and roll bar bushings, Bilstein shocks. The gearbox was re-sealed and inspected and shifts well. New wheel bearings front/back.
Recaro Expert M seats with matching rear vinyl seat covers (original front seats included). New inertia reel seat belts from OKP in Germany. Period Alpine cassette deck with modifications to accept a bluetooth input, 2 new speakers. Steering wheel: Momo Monte Carlo 3-spoke Black Leather with red Stitching (13.8" diameter), Momo anatomic shift knob. Has a modified Alfa Milano - GTV6 shift linkage with new bushings. Headlights converted to dual Halogen H4 with LED daytime running lights. Can be reverted to stock Carellos if desired. Custom LED center high mount brake light. Dash topper installed as the original has a few cracks.
The engine was re-sealed in 2019 with a new 3.0 liter gasket set. A Megasquirt (Microsquirt) ECU was installed, mounted in a custom Bosch L-Jet ECU box. The Megasquirt unit is 'plug and play' and may be removed to revert to the standard Bosch equipment with no wires cut. Retains the standard ignition system with Magnecore plug leads. Alfa Milano radiator fan. New coolant hoses. The front of the car was repainted when the South African GTV6 3.0 parts were installed but the rest of the car should be repainted to perfect the cosmetics as there is some orange peel on the rear panels. No AC, though I have the stock compressor, mount and hoses. Alfa Spider heater valve with custom mount. When cold the engine has a ticking noise which clears up as the engine warms, you can hear this on the video. The engine has made this noise for a decade so it was not something I worried about.
Note that the car does have slight rust which formed under the rubber seal of the trunk opening above the tail lights. This has been treated with anti rust paint but it should be properly addressed. There are some pictures which show the area (and the rest of the tailgate).
Mileage is unknown but thought to be in the 150k mile range according to the carfax.

Collection of photos: https://1drv.ms/a/s!AkOaUaXoVInombBgzZi ... g?e=9DwvWG
There are also 4 videos in that collection showing driving, walkaround etc. Also on Youtube now (https://youtu.be/2BDGu9my1zY)
Location is near Seattle, WA.
US$15k (or best offer).
I also have :
Complete set of 4 replica Ronal 5 stud 7x15 wheels with almost new Yokohama Advan tires, sourced from EB Spares in the UK.
Piston and liner set (164S higher compression, 3000cc QV 93mm 75 / SZ / RZ) part number AR 10-017-150, sourced from OK Parts in Germany.
I'll include both wheels and pistons at asking price.

Includes a collection of spares including the original 2.5 liter engine. This engine needs repair, condition unknown as I did not inspect it. The heads appear to be newly rebuilt. Picture on the collection above.

Questions: michaeldch@live.com

Michael
1981 GTV6
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 1981 Alfa Romeo GTV6 (SA 3.0 inspired) ***sold***

Post by Michael »

**********************************Sold**********************************
Michael
1981 GTV6