Any and all Alfa Romeo Car advertisements (complete cars).
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Buying a GTV6 in Belgium

Post by fedezyl »

I've been looking into buying a GTV6 for a while, and looking at the prices around both in Europe and the U.S. i've finally settled for Europe as my brother lives in Brussels and the car can be based there (I visit often).
I wanted to ask our fellow European Alfistis if they could give me a hint on where to look out for ads for restorable driveable Gtv6's, looking at max 4000 euros, and within France, Belgium and Holland, as that's where i'm at a driving radius to go look at them on my next trip to Brussels.
I've been looking at autoscout24, but I think there might be more cars out there.

Thanks!
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Re: Buying a GTV6 in Belgium

Post by fedezyl »

http://fr.autoscout24.be/Details.aspx?i ... 3920000000

This is the sort of car i'm looking for
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Be sure you budget for some serious corrosion repairs for any old car coming out of your nominated countries.
I once bought a Fiat commercial vehicle in London that was 18 months old. A year after I bought it it was ready for the scrapyard.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

MD wrote:Be sure you budget for some serious corrosion repairs for any old car coming out of your nominated countries.
I once bought a Fiat commercial vehicle in London that was 18 months old. A year after I bought it it was ready for the scrapyard.
I know what you mean, I've been looking at other Gtv6's (mainly dutch for twice the money) but the issue is if repair (wich most have) were done, how good the quality was as far as paint and bodywork. I'm acounting on spending at least 4000 euros on getting it on it's feet again, but that will be over time (if I had the money I would buy a really nice one).
It's a matter of looking for the right candidate really, I have good experience on what is repairable and what is just too much to be worth repairing.
SimonB
Gold
Gold

Post by SimonB »

There are sometimes GTV6s posted here:
http://www.motorlegend.com/occasion-voiture/alfa-romeo/

Although I can't see any at the moment.

You could also try asking around on this forum:

http://alfaromeotransaxales.forumactif.info/

Bonne chance!
¡Si me gusta conducir, es porque conduzco un Alfa!

'84 GTV6 UK spec back on the road after 4 years!
05 Corolla daily driver
SimonB
Gold
Gold

Post by SimonB »

Some more advice would be to look at Germany too, lots of GTV6s over there and people tend to look after their cars. Not too far from Brussels to Koln etc.
¡Si me gusta conducir, es porque conduzco un Alfa!

'84 GTV6 UK spec back on the road after 4 years!
05 Corolla daily driver