Any and all Alfa Romeo Car advertisements (complete cars).
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

F/S '91 164 L; 24 valve 156 3.2 Litre Glenwood GTA Motor!

Post by junglejustice »

I have a pretty good 1991 164 L 3.0 V6 12 valve in reasonable shape that I will sell for 1000 dollars minimum!

It runs well and I drive it daily right now. (My LS is up and running and I have too many other "projects" going on right now, so something has to go here...) The car is silver with dark navy blue leather seats and blue carpeting, stock wheels, OK tires, a brand new windshield, the radio/tape works, the A/C blows cold etc etc. The engine revs up smooth and most electronics work well (lights, turn-signals, interior lights etc etc...)

No dash cracks or interior rips or anything. Center console looks good!

The issues; the auto tranny is on its way out! (Sometimes it jerks a bit as if not able to figure out what gear it wants to be in.) Also, you sometimes have to move the gear-selector back and forth a few times to get reverse. Once it goes though, it goes well and it will probably drive to California if it had to - the car is in Seattle BTW... The rear windows sometimes work and sometimes don't (somehow related to the safety - lock-out switch...) It will cruise on the freeway at 100 mph no problem!

I have a complete, good known 5 speed conversion "kit" for 800 bucks - negotiable! It includes the 5-speed box, the side-shafts, the center console, shifter, shift-linkage, pedal-box etc etc. Everything that you would need to convert it to manual! Just buy a new clutch kit.

The timing belt is due for replacement but still looks good - 30K miles on it now. The left fog light is out. The right one and the two head lights have brand new lenses (focus) surfaces - thick, protective plastic on them (looks new underneath...) Tail-lights and front side-markers are all good!

Front bumper needs some work. Small, minor push dent (almost a fist or something) on the driver-side door. This car is a west-coast car that sat for 3 years (gentleman went blind...) and there does not appear to be any rust underneath or in the door jams or doors themselves! Rest of the body is good - minor clear-coat issues on left rear quarter.

Radiator was replaced 1.5 years ago. Heater core was done 2 years ago. Brake pads are coming up soon. Dash lights all seems to work well. (Airbag light is on sometimes.) Aux. belt and tensioner was just done!

For what you get at 1000 bucks the price is non-negotiable - sorry - we can talk other stuff/trades/ideas, but I need at least 1K USD in value for it this nice runner. 167 K miles on it.

I also have a brand new - completely rebuilt 290 horsepower (all brand new internals) 156 series 3.2 litre 24 valve GTA motor with lightened flywheel, higher compression than stock, all GTA (lifters/crank/rods/pistons/rings) internally balanced with 44mm Q/GTA intake runners and plenum, ported - ready to drop in - motor landed at your door - shipping and core-charge inclusive - 11K USD! This is a Glenwood screamer from South Africa - just built and ready to go - bolts right up to the 5 speed or auto 164 boxes!!

This was the intent with the car, but I have a band of other crap going on! Buy any piece as priced individually.

Call me at 425.941.4747 or email me at john@reginaceleste.com

Cheers!
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...