Any and all Alfa Romeo Car Parts advertisements.
brookstroutr
Gold
Gold

SOLD - 3.0 ltr Verde Motor Project

Post by brookstroutr »

I purchased this motor a few years ago for a transplant in my GTV6 but am unable at this time to complete this project. It was removed from a running Verde that had been rear-ended. I recently did break it apart for inspection and in hopes of continuing. The motor was stored in my shop and covered up.

A. PARTS ON HAND:
1. 3.0 ltr motor complete w/approx. 100k miles.
2. Full wiring harness.
3. 3.0 ltr exh manifolds.
4. Original flywheel.
5. ZAT ECU & Spark Box.
6. OEM rebuild gasket set (approx. $300) except the valve cover gaskets as I used them.
7. AFM but no air filter box.
8. No alternator or A/C compressor.
9. 'S' used cams included.

B. MOTOR CONDITION
1. Tore down the engine recently and was fairly straight forward.
2. Cyl heads appear to have been re-worked at some time; tell-tale signs. Cyl head gaskets were intact.
3. Internals are in really good shape; i.e. cams, valve train, pistons liners still with some hone marks showing and ALL the bearings were in excellant shape. Crank looks super as well.

pm for specific inquiries. If you do not need certain items, pm for any thing like this and maybe we can negotiate. I can re-assemble for shipping.

Asking $675 + Shipping from NE Florida 32656.
Last edited by brookstroutr on Wed May 30, 2012 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

N. G. Brooks Robinson
'84 GTV6
'84 M635CSi
cato jackson
Silver
Silver

Re: FS - 3.0 ltr Verde Motor Project

Post by cato jackson »

HOW MUCH for the crankshaft ,would you be able to find out the aproximate price to have it posted to Cape town , South africa.

cjackson@justice.gov.za
brookstroutr
Gold
Gold

Post by brookstroutr »

At this time, I'm not willing to part out the motor. The shipping to SA would probably be expensive as well.
Regards,

N. G. Brooks Robinson
'84 GTV6
'84 M635CSi
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Cato ,There is 3.0 crank here for R 4000 but you can buy complete motors from jap auto from R 9000 to R 12000 .
Also if you import car parts ,SA customs wacks 50% duty combined with our crap exchange rate this only is a bargain if you live in a first world country not in Africa .
cato jackson
Silver
Silver

Post by cato jackson »

thanks Kevin , I think it would make more sense then to buy the crank or a complete motor fron Jap -auto.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Cato ,which motor you building maybe I can put you in direction of parts or help . Send me pm .
Bookstroutr hope you sell your motor as it's the only way to inspect is when it's apart.
brookstroutr
Gold
Gold

Re: SOLD - 3.0 ltr Verde Motor Project

Post by brookstroutr »

Kevin,

It's sold to a good home. It's just not in the cards for the moment but what the future holds who knows.
Regards,

N. G. Brooks Robinson
'84 GTV6
'84 M635CSi