Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

CSC headers are an absolute bear to get in! Between the head to primary flange with those tight bends, and the primary to secondary flange, i do not know which is worse to tighten.

The only oddity is that eb spares shipped them with a little note to drill out one of the holes as needed (which basically means i have to take off the left side primary that seemingly fit until i tired to install the bottom bolts.. :x )

Vittorio
killaz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by killaz »

Great topic, specially for guys that need custom built headers (24v conversion)! Did you made some progress here?

I have few pages dedicated to designing and calculating headers, although is for 4 & 8 cyl engines. I suppose that calculating lenght for V6 is same as for V8. I'll try to find more pages of this book... :)

Image Image Image

Image Image

Note: Interesting thing is that header lenght depends of power needed in particular revs (max torque or max bhp). Hope this helps in your project!

Brgs,
Laki
Paul Bird
Gold
Gold

Exhaust manifold csc

Post by Paul Bird »

Hi guys, I had no trouble at all when I fitted my CSC manifolds, didnt even drill out any holes! Just lucky I guess!!

PB UK
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

I am real happy with my IAP headers, but they neede a little work to clear the starter enough for heat wrap.....

But they are just mild steel, 3 into one..

I use stainless hardware on all flange connections...real easy to remove later..
Micke
Verde
Verde

Re: Performance Headers GTV6

Post by Micke »

Just an odd add on to an old topic.
I removed the headres to get to the starter of my 164 Q4. As it has stock 230 HP the header dimensions might be of interest.

Outer diameter 41 mm. (They are about 1 or 1.5 mm SS)
Collector inner diameter 51 mm
Length 24-34 cm shortest to longest.
Carter Hendricks
Silver
Silver

Post by Carter Hendricks »

Some years ago I read an article about engine development that GM funded at the time of the introduction of their 2.8l 60 degree V6. This was a serious project, with several major race shops, including Katech, involved. Of course I can't find the article. But they built a lot of headers. What was learned then was that there were real, but very small gains in favor of very long equal length headers, over quite short equal length headers. I think they were surprised. But the gain didn't look worth the effort. 60 degree V6's are strange birds.

I sure wish I could find that article... Maybe Popular Hot Rodding, ca 1979-80.

--Carter
strat24v
Silver
Silver

Post by strat24v »

I tried doing some research into header design but nearly fried my brain :roll: I finally ended up copying supersprints primary lengths/diameters and secondary diameter when having my own headers made up. The exhaust shop did a fantastic job, all stainless with merge collectors, tuneable lengths and repackable silencers etc, i'm very happy with the finished result. The car has a GTA engine and box, fitted transversely in the mid engined position.

While doing my research, I came across an exhaust header modelling system made by a company called icengine works. The kit off stuff they produce is fantastic for anybody wanting to make up exhaust headers but its a bit on the expensive side if you are only going to use it once. Try looking for them on the WWW.

John.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Some pics of a 3.0 12v race motor in test bed car at glenwood. What music this makes and it looks the part. Thought exhaust would interest .
Attachments
glen3.0racemotor.jpg
glen3.0racemotor.jpg (108.68 KiB) Viewed 9410 times
gatouille
Gold
Gold

Post by gatouille »

I guess this is the right topic to speak about exhaust manifold :lol:

These are my DEVIL SODEMO (road version)

After this "try" to check everything fits ok, they were glassblast and alumiun

These are SODEMO for race using during eighties by Snobeck Racing team (SRS)

If you want more photos about these race cars
http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=8Z5PH ... ature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=F3ttO ... ature=plcp

Also a pair of manifold used on GTV6 2,8 L in Germany, a limited edition proposed by Dieter Gleich for german customers.

Another road version of DEVIL SODEMO on my Friend's car David
They are a little bit different

I don't know if they are more or less efficient than CSC/ANSA, and...I don't care :mrgreen:
Sometimes the most important is the pleasure to see them than numbers with HP behind...
For frenchies these DEVIL SODEMO means famous race cars and they are so mythics. The pleausre to only HAVE them is so.... :roll:
:wall:

About CSC / ANSA exhaust manifold, as they often leak, you can make this:(thanks Walt)

Gatouille
Introduce mysel :
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4352
My garage is less poor than my english !!
gatouille
Gold
Gold

Post by gatouille »

use special "screw" from Renault

Introduce mysel :
gatouille
Gold
Gold

Post by gatouille »

The other side

Introduce mysel :