tcl
Silver
Silver

Ansa to stock exhaust - any power loss?

Post by tcl »

I am considering replacing the Ansa exhaust with the stock unit on my GTV-6. The car has no other modifications. Does anyone know if this will result in a loss of horsepower, and if so, by how much?
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

There probably won't be a noticeable power loss.
Would you be willing to sell the exhaust once it's off?
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

There won't be a loss in power, but there will be a gain in weight. I have quite a bit of exhaust system info buried on my site, somewhere...

Greg,
www.hiperformancestore.com
twinspark6
Gold
Gold

Post by twinspark6 »

Greg. What is up with your site? It hasn't been working.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I have been wondering that myself. It's hosted at wccs.net and that site is down so I think they are having a problem there. I suspect as soon as they open on Monday it will be back up within a few hours.
tcl
Silver
Silver

Post by tcl »

Alfettish wrote:There probably won't be a noticeable power loss.
Would you be willing to sell the exhaust once it's off?
The rear section is not in very good shape. Not worth shipping long distance.
car guy
Silver
Silver

Post by car guy »

TO ANYONE WANTING TO KNOW HOW THE CSC REAR EXHAUST SYSTEM SOUNDS WITH THE STOCK FRONT CONVERTER AND STOCK CENTER RESONATOR. IT SOUNDS VERY GOOD. I ORDERED FROM EB SPARES IN THE UK. ITS NOT LOUD AT IDLE AND SOUNDS BEST WHEN THE CAR IS WARMED UP. THE FIT WAS PERFECT. QUALITY A1.
Bruce
Gold
Gold

Post by Bruce »

.. yes but it drones at cruising speed (70-80mph in UK) and drives you absolutely mad! So I took it off.
car guy
Silver
Silver

Post by car guy »

I'm not sure what you mean by drone. the one i purchased is the single tip model, i think a twin tip is optional but EB spares recommended the single tip. I think it sounds excellent at any speed. Really. My alfa sounds awesome and runs perfect with this exhaust system, especially when the engine is hot, the manifolds are stock, the converter is stock, the resonator is stock. I just want other alfa owners to know.
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

I agree with Bruce, Im not impressed with the CSC back box, the box is WAY too big and acts like a huge bass box in high gears at cruising speeds, it just drones on and on, its too loud. Mine is coming of asap for stock back box again.
car guy
Silver
Silver

Post by car guy »

I guess we all have our own sound preferences. I like that deep bass like sound. It kind of sounds like the new infinity two door coupe with twin exhaust pipes. I love that sound.
Bruce
Gold
Gold

Post by Bruce »

I have just re-read the title subject, IMHO very few exhausts come close to matching the sound of an ASNA exhaust, whether they make an increase in power I do not know.
Cassin
Silver
Silver

ANSA free-flow system

Post by Cassin »

When I replaced the stock exhaust system on my '86 GTV6 with an ANSA "free-flow" system (no center section), there was a noticeable increase in power. It has been about 3 months now, and the exhaust note has improved and gotten louder since installation.

I have coffee every morning in a coffee shop directly next door to the Ferrari dealer here in La Jolla, so there are lots of them in the neighborhood with which to compare exhaust sounds. My GTV6 "voice" compares very favorably to the Ferraris. It's all one big "bel canto" Italian auto-opera.
'86 GTV6
car guy
Silver
Silver

Post by car guy »

Glad to hear it. I love seeing old italian cars in excellent condition. I just hope the parts supply for these cars continues on.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Potenziato installed an APEXI N1 muffler on his 75 24V. Sounds really good unlike the usual boomy sound other mufflers tend to produce.
Dr. Alban