kanga
Silver
Silver

Introduction . Hello

Post by kanga »

Hello, I am new to this brilliant forum, I have been an Alfa fanatic since my first Alfa Sud Sprint in 1981. I have owned Alfetta GTV2.0 -1984, Alfa 164Q 1992, Alfa 156 2.0 2001, and currently a !59Q4 3.2 2006 and I am expecting in the next week my 1983 GTV 6 to arrive in Sydney from Perth, I can't wait. I have already ordered a full Supersprint exhaust system, headers, front pipes, centre and rear exhaust, it will be, I think the first set sold anywhere and I have a set of Bilstein shocks coming from Germany. I live in Rural N,S.W Australia and run cattle for a living.
I have wanted a GTV 6 since 1982 so it has been a long wait. I will post pictures once I find someone more capable than myself to do so for me. There are some on Aus Alfa forum relating to the thread "Should I buy a GTV6, 164Q or a GTA 156" if you are interested to have a look.
MD
Verde
Verde

Re: Introduction . Hello

Post by MD »

Welcome to the Forum kanga. More so that a famer wants an Alfa and not a Ford Fairmont as the ads would have us believe !

The question "Should I buy a GTV6, a 164 or 159 ?" really needs to be followed up by another question namely : "From what perspective?" Sex appeal? Power? Handling? Cabin room? Resale?

Getting my drift?

For a devoted rear wheel transaxle driver such as myself, owning a front wheel drive sports car just never enters the arena for choice.

Look forward to seeing your pics.

Incidently, a little tip. When you do get your hands on your car, you should post your stuff in the "Intoduce Yourself" topic set..
Last edited by MD on Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

I'm thinking of getting the Varex system from Xforce. Basically what I want is whisper quiet on the highway and loud as hell on the track. The stainless construction is also quite attractive.
Dr. Alban
kanga
Silver
Silver

Post by kanga »

I agree front wheel drive cars do leave a lot to be desired but I wanted the 3.2 Arese engine in the GTA and the 164Q was also a great car in its day. But the GTV 6 rear wheel drive is a classic Alfa.
bteoh
Platinum
Platinum

Post by bteoh »

Hey Kanga,

Welcome to the site. Did you buy Colin Goundrey's red GTV6? From what I remember, it was in really good condition, so congratulations :) Pity another good GTV6 has left WA :cry:
kanga
Silver
Silver

Post by kanga »

Beteoh I bought Col's car but his surname wasn't Goundrey, but it is red and is in great order and from WA. It arrived in Sydney on Monday, so arrived early, but I will pick it up Friday.