krash2
Silver
Silver

Removing Exhaust system

Post by krash2 »

I want to remove the exhaust system from my GTV-6 parts car. The car's on blocks, and the rear exhaust section has already been removed. The front section is the stock Alfa unit, but it is welded to the center section. So, in order going rearward, there are the exhaust manifolds connecting to the two funky looking downpipes, then the cat, then the center resonator. The cat is one inlet and two outlets. All the nuts have been removed, and the rear of the center section has been blocked up to be horizontal, but the downpipes won't slip off two studs coming down from each exhaust manifold. Am I missing something here? Visibility is poor looking up at the downpipe and manifold connection. Is there something else that needs to be removed? Would removing the exhaust manifolds be helpful? That way the downpipe/exhaust connection would drop down far enough to see and presumably access whatever is holding things up.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Charlie Koster
San Gabriel, CA
kevin
Verde
Verde

Re: Removing Exhaust system

Post by kevin »

It definately would help to remove manifolds as the long studs into the down pipes are restricting it from coming off. I would cut the exhaust and put in two flanges at the downpipes for future. I know this pic is missing a box and cats but same concept.
Attachments
adjustabletorsion.jpg
adjustabletorsion.jpg (69.16 KiB) Viewed 4541 times
xrad
Verde
Verde

Re: Removing Exhaust system

Post by xrad »

NICE adjustables!!