Jim K
Verde
Verde

24v ss headers!

Post by Jim K »

Ok guys, after some talks with my exhaust man here in Athens, we agreed on a spec and price for a complete 24v rwd set. It will look a lot like the 12v CSC set. It will have 42mm OD primaries 650mm long, merging into 55mm OD secondaries, followed by flex pipe and then some more 55mm length. Like the CSC, it will be divided in top/bottom sections. My car will be used for the prototype and I have a complete CSC to help him out with. Final cost will be 900€ complete. If you are interested, please say so in order to forecast a possible number of buyers. On my initiative, I will ask prospective buyers to deposit a down payment of ~30% each. The purpose of this is to enable parallel production of the sets. I will be personally responsible and accountable for your deposit.
As for quality, I have used this shop for over 20 years and he is one of the 3 best in Greece -its a small country!
Jim K.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Re: 24v ss headers!

Post by kevin »

Finally some one will make some decent headers for a change . Wil they be out of stainless steel . Also how far back or up to what section does that price include . Is it just after flex pipe ?
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Yes its ss and they will reach as far back as the CSC set does. If enough interest is generated, the price will not decrease but will also include the Y pipe with 63mm OD exit, or whatever exit diameter the customer prefers, 55/60/63/70mm OD -these are the available sizes. Primary bore and length is a result of simulator exercises and from what I hear they're widely accepted sizes.
Jim K.
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

This is what they will look like (this is a 12v set) minus the Y piece, which as I said will be supplied in lieu of a discount for quantity orders.
Jim K.
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Fantastic deal! Wish I could buy it!
One suggestion. For export, leave the flex pipes and pipe AFTER the flex pipes unwelded so you can pack everything in a smaller package.

I've dealt with JK before, smooth as silk!

But make sure he doesn't ship you a bag of olves or onions instead of headers.... :lol:
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

All right, seems like the project is taking off! There are already 4 of us wanting the headers. I'll wait until the end of the month to finalize the number and that's when actual work will start. It took long enough to make a decision on this, but since nobody was offering a complete and practical solution, I couldn't wait forever!
Jim K.
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

If I sell my headers I will buy yours.
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Btw, here's another 24v set I have for sale. This was first installed and used in my 24v engine when it first fired up in my mechanic's 75. It ran for ~700km, and then the driveshaft broke. Therefore everything has minimal use, about a month's worth! The headers are powder coated and the downpipes are ss. I'm asking 600€ + shipping.
Jim K.
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

I went to the exhaust shop today. The primary pipe material is ss 304, 42mm OD, 38.5mm ID. The two secondary pipes will be 55mm OD. I lent him a CSC set to study and figure out the dimensions of the intermediate plates. He already has a factory fwd manifold which he'll use for water-jet cutting of the top flanges.
Jim K.
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

I am almost convinced to get it. I must be careful of the Greekster's power of persuasion.....
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

C'mon buy it . Would not let opportunities like this go by . In a years time you gonna say ... If only ...
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Yeah, yeah... The old 'beware of Greeks bearing headers' bullshit story! Could be rephrased: beware of Greek bearings? Hmm, thats why we don't make them here, heheh! :lol:
Anyway, there 5 of us now for headers. Orders close end of May. Hmmm, these things are going to become rare and extinct when the last set goes! 8)
Jim K.
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

How much is the discount without the y pipe?
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Remember what I said at the start, the set does not include the Y pipe, but with enough (?) orders he will include a Y pipe at the same price.
Jim K.
bteoh
Platinum
Platinum

Post by bteoh »

Hey Jim,
I might be interested in a set. Just want to work out freight and some minor issues. Will pm you soon,

Cheers,
Brian