Jim K
Verde
Verde

Re: 24v ss headers!

Post by Jim K »

Ok guys, we didn't do too bad; the first 24v header set hit the street today on my car! I must say its all I expected -it should be, I was there every working day for a month and a half or so!
Note that these pics were taken before final assembly so some vital components are missing (starter heat shield, motor mount heat wrap etc.) In the few hours driving time, there were no strange vibrations, noises or any other undesirable occurrences. So... the JK24v headers are now a reality! Seven more sets will be made using my car as a template at a total cost of 900€ each+shipping and they are spoken for. If any more were to be made, we'd have to make a precision jig which isn't that easy, given the very tight clearances from engine/chassis parts.
Vitals: 42mm OD (38.5mm ID) primaries, 55mm OD secondaries, 63mm OD tailpipe, primary lengths ~650mm.
Here are some pics:
Jim K.

75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

There should have been a noticeable bump in power right?

Videos?
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Unfortunately I had to drive it entirely in the city in a bad day (general strike) where everyone brought their cars downtown so I can't evaluate performance or the sound it makes! I'll have to get out on the highway before the weekend and see. Today and tomorrow I must deal with the 1.8T, have the car towed to the garage and load the engine up from the house to the garage too. Its going to be a busy few days.
Jim K.
enkai74
Silver
Silver

Post by enkai74 »

How'd these headers perform Jim? They look neat.

Nico
Nico

85 GTV6
80 GTV2000

"never fast enough"
Saabretooth
Silver
Silver

Post by Saabretooth »

Call me slow, but which car is this for again?

How will this fit the 3.2 GT, if at all?

Cheers
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Sorry Nico, I just saw these last posts...
These headers will only fit rwd 24v engines. They work great, much better than short ones -this was expected. I sent the 4th set couple of weeks ago and there's 3 more sets to go. I hope to be done sometime around the end of March or thereabouts. I still haven't dyno-mapped the car but I hope to see more than 280hp (short 75 intake+plenum).
Jim K.
Saabretooth
Silver
Silver

Post by Saabretooth »

Thanks Jim... they do look damn good........