Jim K
Verde
Verde

24v headers for rwd.

Post by Jim K »

Hi guys,
Had a chance to take some pics of my 24v headers yesterday, before I ship the box to Oz this morning. 10 sets total in 2 years so far and it doesn't look like there will be any more. The reason is my exhaust man is not inclined to make proper jigs for them and needs the car there every time... :roll: As far as tech goes, primaries are 42mm OD and have an average length of 720mm.

Jim K.

105gta.
Gold
Gold

Re: 24v headers for rwd.

Post by 105gta. »

Its a shame that jigs weren't made for future sets, but that's Alfa life...
Just curious, there seems to be a lot of effort put into the upper section with nice curves and free form but I'm wondering did you think about a true collector? Seems that energy ran out towards the end and became just sharp angles and get it done.
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

If you are referring to the 3-1 joints, they are not that bad inside. It took a lot of work to make them this way and I argued a true collector 'conical box' might be better and less work. Actually, there are almost no partitions in there (tube extensions) so its almost a box. Same story with the final 2-1 joint. Size-wise its not bad and the merge angle could be improved with the secondaries bent a bit before the joint... Ancient history now! I'll wait to dyno and until then, this is the last I see of the underside -I hope! :roll:
Jim K.
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

Jim I know it's strange request but would your chap just make the manifolds in the pic . Would he still need a car ?
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

The manifolds are made off-car as he has made jigs for those! Check your email!

Jim K.
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Damn. I am just now in the market for these!
Fixing it bit by bit....
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Oooh so the jig is there now? Nice!

Jules, I think you need the Potenziato starter for this. The space is so tight that big starter takes up room for the headers.
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Correction: there is a jig for the top halves only. The bottom parts are made on-car. I just got the car back yesterday from the shop, so id doesn't look like there will be any more sets made. The guy said he'd think about making a complete jig if I placed an order for ...10 sets... :evil: Yeah, sure, right away dude! :lol:

Jim K.
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Ok, gentlemen, place your bets! There is a request for 3 more header sets so my car is going back to the exhaust shop by mid-November. Projected finish date is end of November -for the 3 sets. If anyone wants in on this, now is the time to decide and join. Remember that ~40% deposit is required. Price is now 1000€+shipping (blame it partly to increased taxes and Greek IRS increased efficiency...)

Jim K.
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Hi guys, 7 sets of headers are done and there's the possibility of doing another 2 sets while the car is still in the shop. If anyone is interested, now is the time to say it.

Jim K.